S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ECU Upgrade Wear Issues/Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its more than 20-30 hp for most of the major vendors =) That's why its so tempting
Old 12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TO407S4
Its more than 20-30 hp for most of the major vendors =) That's why its so tempting
I was speaking about jumping ship from APR. Not worth it IMO...
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You know, for everyday driving I can't tell I have the ECU tune. Only when I reach the upper RPM I can kind of tell. But it's not like "WOW" effect. It is more like "Hey that's a little faster than before". Would I do it again for $1500? I don't know, may be 50/50. Seriously the most obvious upgrade I felt was switching to lightweight wheels from stock.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
You know, for everyday driving I can't tell I have the ECU tune. Only when I reach the upper RPM I can kind of tell. But it's not like "WOW" effect. It is more like "Hey that's a little faster than before". Would I do it again for $1500? I don't know, may be 50/50. Seriously the most obvious upgrade I felt was switching to lightweight wheels from stock.
I have to be honest that is the first time I've ever heard that. A lot of people say it feels like a different car or the way it waz meant to be. Anyone else feel disappointed with their ECU update. Appears to be on the list of must do's

thanks all
Old 12-16-2011, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TO407S4
I have to be honest that is the first time I've ever heard that. A lot of people say it feels like a different car or the way it waz meant to be. Anyone else feel disappointed with their ECU update. Appears to be on the list of must do's

thanks all
I think it made a big difference and I would def do it again. Stasis tuned at 3200 miles fyi. I am waiting on the exhaust. Not sure I want to spend 2K for a few ponies and I would lose the stealth factor.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

May be I just got used to the power? I know my car is quick but it doesn't feel quick to me anymore, ha ha...may be I do need that pulley upgrade.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by helix139
If you're concerned about longevity, this is worth a look as there seems to be some evidence that Revo has disabled the component protection in order to achieve higher boost levels. This may or may not have a negative effect on your engine, but it is an unknown to think about.
There's ZERO evidence that that we disabled any safeguards or component protection.

The fact of the matter is that those accusations are 100% false.

It was a competitor of ours who generated the graphs, and the only purpose of those posts were to inspire fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) about our software since we have been able to generate power figures and performance results similar to their Stage 2 results.

Granted, software must be judged on more than power output alone, and there are companies in the past, (and still today) that do tune vehicles without the same attention to reliability as APR AND Revo Technik.

Taking that graph for what it's worth, you are simply looking at one single variable, while the ECU is capable of monitoring hundreds of other variables at the same time. Our job, just like any other aftermarket software supplier is to manipulate the ECU in different ways that originally intended, in order to make additional power that wasn't there before. Our calibrations happen in more than one place, which initiates multiple responses from withing the ECU. All of which happen with the intended safeguard and protection in place.

At the end of the day we are forced to defend ourselves based on unsubstantiated claims by a competitor (APR), and unfortunately if they have succeed in creating any sort of doubt about our products, regardless of truth, they seem to have accomplished what they set out to do.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FatalBert
I was speaking about jumping ship from APR. Not worth it IMO...
Strictly out of curiosity, did your opinion change before or after the thread on Audizine?

If it was after, it's a bit unfortunate for everyone including APR, because you would have been a great test case for a lot of forum readers and it would have been a great way to see if APR stands behind their claims.

Our software has a 30-day money back guarantee, and APR just went on record stating that if any of their customers ever decided that they wanted to try another brand and was unsatisfied, they would gladly give that customer their software back free of charge.