S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

eumh, what the h*ll did just happened?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this another S4 than the one in your sig? If not, then why aren't you taking it to the dealer? Unless you already put 50+K miles on it, it should be covered by the warranty.

Last edited by av_audi; 04-12-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by av_audi
Is this another S4 than the one in your sig? If not, than why aren't you taking it to the dealer? Unless you already put 50+K miles on it, it should be covered by the warranty.
No it's this one, only 7 months old so it got warranty on it. I talked to Audi here and they said that unless any warning lights are on, they don't want you to come in, and that nothing will show up in the scann if there are no dashboard indicators warnings. So now I am not even sure that a Vagcom scann would do anything?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mannelito
No it's this one, only 7 months old so it got warranty on it. I talked to Audi here and they said that unless any warning lights are on, they don't want you to come in, and that nothing will show up in the scann if there are no dashboard indicators warnings. So now I am not even sure that a Vagcom scann would do anything?
i'd say they are bullsh****g you ...
There can very well be codes without any dash lights on (only serious errors impacting driveability and emissions normally trigger a dash indicator)
Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now I am not even sure that a Vagcom scann would do anything?
you might be surprised what it would show.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by swissdrive
i'd say they are bullsh****g you ...
There can very well be codes without any dash lights on (only serious errors impacting driveability and emissions normally trigger a dash indicator)
100% true! An intermittent problem has to occur a few times for a dash light to come on, and it has to repeat a certain number of times within a certain time interval. All sorts of codes get stored (just had my mechanic look at mines) without dash lights coming on: occasional misfires, camshaft position errors (real or sensor glitches), etc.

Mannelito, maybe you should call them again and describe this as a dangerous situation. Or maybe you should call Audi of America
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Definately take it to the dealer, they are blowing smoke and avoiding doing their job.....something triggerd the lights to come on / drivability issues...so have them look at it.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which dealership did u talk to? I take mine to the Classic Audi in Westchester. They are pretty good.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Followed some of the advices here and got on the phone with a technician at the dealer. He told me to bring the car in asap. After 2 days in the shop (diagnostics and testing), I got it back. They couldn't find a exact cause but could see in the scan that multiple warnings had gone off at the same time and tried unsuccessfully to make it happend again (I don't wanna know how that test looked . Overall they took it pretty seriously, I even got a number to call if anything happened over the weekend or off hours.
At least I have it on records that it was checked so now it feels a better!