S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

EuroCode Front+Rear Sways, Adjustable end links, and Alu-Kreuz Review! LONG READ

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EuroCode Front+Rear Sways, Adjustable end links, and Alu-Kreuz Review! LONG READ

Let me begin this by saying it has been almost a year since I did any performance modifications to my DD 2011 S4. I was stuck because I am buying a condo so I only had enough money to do an APR Stage 1 v2 tune + Alu Kreuz or the Full Eurocode Suspension setup.

Unwilling to ship out my ECU I was just waiting for the APR dealer conference to hear about dealers being able to bench flash in order to make my decision. We all know what the new was so I called up Eurotech Motorsports and put my order in for the parts.

The parts came in on Friday and I received the call from Danek that everything was in. I scheduled my appt for Tue (yesterday) and for the first time in a long time could not wait for the weekend to be over. I kept myself very busy at work on Monday and demolished myself in the gym that night so that I could pass out quickly and be ready for the morning.

Yesterday morning I wake up feeling great (knowing that some goodies were going on my car), ate a hearty breakfast, and made my way to Eurotech. My appt was at 10am so I left at 9 giving myself ample time to enjoy the commute. On the way there are some great areas to do some spirited driving including a couple of circle turns (one after another) making for some track style "S" curves. I hit those at stock limits while feeling the stock body roll and sliding in my seat all while feeling my back bend from the roll (at this point I am on stock 19s with Dunlops and H&R springs only). Limits around those curves were about 50-60mph.

Finally I arrive at the shop and walk in to be greeted by an R8 in for some mods and quite the plethora of Audis, Volkswagens and some other miscellaneous vehicles (this is usual there). They pull my car in jack it up and start getting to work.

APOLOGIES FOR CRAPPY IPHONE PICS

Keith unwrapping the goods!

Onto the install (random order too lazy)

There are a couple more pics on Eurotech's thread in the TriState Regional section.

Now onto the review:

What can I say without sounding like I want to send over masses of women to do the guys at Eurocode & Eurotech some serious sexual favors that their wives and girlfriends won’t do for them? LOL.

QUALITY: 10/10

You can tell these parts were not only very well thought out and engineered, but they were made on high quality machines in advanced facilities. I have seen sways and suspension components on friend’s cars (Japanese and German) and they don’t hold a candle to what these parts look and feel like. Audi OEM stock components made in multibillion dollar facilities look and feel as if they were made by a 6 year old kid (not the gifted engineer babies) with a beginner erector set compared to these pieces. The Alu Kreuz must be seen and held to fully recognize how beautiful it really is. Makes the stock part look as brittle as the hangers they give you at the dry cleaners.

FITMENT: 10/10

Everything went on perfectly without needing to change, modify, or alter anything at all. One of the easiest plug and play mods I have ever seen. Eurocode also supplies any parts needed for the Alu Kreuz (since it is significantly thicker than stock piece) in order to put the plastic underbody shield back in place without problem.

PERFORMANCE: 10/10

I have never given a perfect score to any mod, but in my mind this is the trifecta of perfection if you want the car to feel as good as or better than a BMW. I have driven ///M3s and///M5s and had an E60 M5 for about 6 months straight and a 335i Coupe for about a month so I do have my share of wheel time in these cars.

On the way home I immediately felt more of the "road feel" I felt this car needed from the factory. The car was much more responsive to steering input and the slight "floaty" feeling around turns near limit was gone. I also noticed that a lot of the jerkiness that can happen with drive train "slop" was gone. I felt a much more direct and precise feeling when engaging the clutch and shifting. It feels as it should have felt. There isn't any more lunging!!

I proceeded to begin what would be the most fun ride home that I have had with this car to date.

I took the most scenic and curvaceous route with plentiful straights and long sweeping turns. I do not have a radar detector so I had to hope my situational awareness would keep me out of trouble. About 25 minutes later I arrived at those "S" curves I spoke of before. I was going around them and thought to myself, "Well I am not sliding around in my seat and my back feels just a little bit of the bend from the Gs" At this point I am thinking "Well at least I got some performance improvement, but not as drastic as I thought" I look down and see I am doing 82MPH WTF!! I hit the next turn and gas it hard doing about 87 MPH knowing I am at the limits (nobody was around at all or I would have not been able to do anything there since it’s a weird 2 lane 2 circle area)

I arrived home and immediately wanted to find some reason to go out for another drive.

These may be the best mods I have done to my car to date. They are definitely the most fun!

I looked forward to driving to work this morning and cursed the fact that my commute is short.

I am highly recommending this mod to all the people that want that better than BMW and closer to Porsche steering and handling feel.

Thanks to Eurocode for engineering these pieces and doing the group buy for everyone

Thanks to Eurotech for the great install and the fun times.

Looking forward to more Eurocode parts soon! (Maybe headers when I start making the big bucks ha-ha)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nice review thank you! Thinking about getting the sway. Already have the Alu-Kreuz which I like.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice review. Can you tell me what the adjustable end-links do?

PS... sounds like you should start saving for a radar detector.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Frankford, Ontario, Canada. 08 R8TT, 08 A5, 90 TT 300ZX, Ducati TT2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish the pic links weren't dead.