S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Extended Warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty??

So Audi has an extended warranty you can get on our car that extends coverage to 7 years (so it adds 3 years). My dealer quoted me $3200 for this and said you get $2500 of it back if you don't use it.

Now, I'm generally anti-extended warranty. However this is also my first Audi and certainly the most technologically complex car I've ever owned. I also keep my cars a long time (last one was 9 years).

So, if you were thinking you'd keep your car 10 years or so, would you jump on this extended warranty? I'm mainly looking for feedback from past Audi owners that may have some perspective on what these cars need outside of the warranty period.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you can pick this up anytime before current warranty expires (price will likely go up though due to inflation). That said, perhaps wait and see if the B8 S4's tend to be problematic?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's correct. You can sign up anytime before the factory warranty expires.

You mentioned that it is for 7 years but for how many miles ? 100K ? IIRC, unlike other manufactures, Audi does not have their own extended warranty so they are usually under written by someone else. Is it bumper to bumper like the factory and also, is there a deductible, like ~$100 ? The $2,500 back is something new to me and considering how much electronics we have on these cars, I have been seriously thinking about this as wel. May I ask which dealership ?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tifosi
The $2,500 back is something new to me and considering how much electronics we have on these cars, I have been seriously thinking about this as wel. May I ask which dealership ?

We both used Barrier, I got the same offer.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

You may want to compare the coverage you get through Audi's offering with the one from www.warrantydirect.com. I hear they are a reputable extended warranty company, although I haven't had any personal experience with them. Regardless of which one you get, make sure it covers "wear and tear" items as well.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 280 Likes on 203 Posts
Default warrantydirect needs to fix their webpage, 2010 RS4?

This is odd, they list the Audi 2010 RS4, but not the Audi 2010 S4 as possible choices, then under the Standard MBI plan they show this about excluded vehicles;

https://www.warrantydirect.com/Standard.aspx

""Is my vehicle eligible for Standard MBI? ''

""Ineligible Vehicles: vehicles used for commercial purposes such as taxi/chauffeur, police, fire and rescue, postal, farming, construction, or delivery vehicles are not eligible for Warranty Direct extended vehicle warranty plans. As well, reconstructed, rebuilt, flood or similar titled vehicles, manufacturer buybacks, Lemon Law vehicles, vehicles modified outside manufacturer recommendations (including hydraulics, oversized tires, suspension kits, and the like), "Gray-market" vehicles not intended for use in the U.S., and vehicles with dual rear wheels, may also be ineligible for coverage.

We're sorry, but at this time, Warranty Direct does not offer extended auto warranty coverage for high-performance or limited-production vehicles. This includes (but is not limited to) Acura NSX; Cadillacs with HT4100 engines; Corvette ZR models; Dodge Stealth Turbo; Dodge Viper; Mercedes AMG models; BMW M3 and M5 models; Mustang Cobra, Shelby and other limited-production Mustangs; and Plymouth Prowler.""

Don
Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

More info:

The extension my dealer is offering is not managed by Audi, but it "matches the Audi Warranty". There is also a $100 deductible.

I'm less interested now.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
More info:

The extension my dealer is offering is not managed by Audi, but it "matches the Audi Warranty". There is also a $100 deductible.

I'm less interested now.
You do not want that. With Audi offering a perfectly acceptable extended warranty, there's no reason to get one through some shady dealer.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
This is odd, they list the Audi 2010 RS4, but not the Audi 2010 S4 as possible choices, then under the Standard MBI plan they show this about excluded vehicles;
Are you sure? I had obtained a quote for a 2010 Audi S4 back in November and I just clicked on the link you provided and I still see 2010 Audi S4 as an option. Also, I don't see the "2010 Audi RS4" you referred to.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
With my not so great maintenance experience with my B5 A4 I decided to opt in for the extended warranty. It was called Audi Pure. Cost $2800, IIRC. 7 years and 100,000 miles.
I must call my dealership tomorrow and ask about this Audi Pure program. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty??