S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Extended Warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
More info:

The extension my dealer is offering is not managed by Audi, but it "matches the Audi Warranty". There is also a $100 deductible.

I'm less interested now.
Although there may be exceptions, my understanding is that almost all extended warranties are dealt with through 3rd party companies. That was certainly true for all extended warranties offered through dealers I've looked into so far. I should say I haven't checked Audi's, but what you say makes sense to me.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Audi Pure protection

From what my dealer told me the Audi protection plan term starts from when you buy the plan. the 7 year 100k term is available up to 24999 miles so you can get coverage up to 125000 miles on your car and 7 years from when the plan is purchased. He also told me the price goes up once the car reaches 10000 miles. So it seems to me that it would not make sense to purchase the audi warranty until you are around 10,000 miles.
I was trying to verify this myself and found out that the VW warranty works the same way...could not find any info on the Audi plan. Is there anyone out there that can comment on this?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

More info about Audi Pure.

https://www.audiworld.com/pureprotec...shtml#extended

http://www.audipurewarranty.com/Home...6/Default.aspx

"The most important variable in timing your purchase of Audi Pure is the current mileage on your vehicle. The lower the mileage, the lower the price."
Old 03-01-2010, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting development in my findings about Audi Pure program.

1) Called my dealership and they appears to know nothing about Audi Pure's existence. Awaiting for their FM's call about this program.

2) Searched online and finds this site: http://audipurewarranty.com/. Called the number and got voice mail.

3) Called AoA directly and they pointed me in the right direction within AoA's own website : http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/f...rotection.html. According to the CS representative, it is still a program by a third party, however, they are endorsed and recommended by AoA. Which IMO, is a better option.

Note that the phone number from the AoA's "Audi Pure" site differs from the numbers from the "Audi Pure" site. I will post more about this when I know more.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
More info about Audi Pure.

https://www.audiworld.com/pureprotec...shtml#extended

http://www.audipurewarranty.com/Home...6/Default.aspx

"The most important variable in timing your purchase of Audi Pure is the current mileage on your vehicle. The lower the mileage, the lower the price."
Thanks, I missed your post as I was working on my own post about this.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I believe Audi Pure Protection is US Fidelity which has horrible ratings. I would go with Warranty Direct or Carchex. Warranty Direct will cover the car for the same amount of time and they have $750 or $500 off specials all the time.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I rather turn my S4 into CPO

I am on a 3 year lease. At the end I will ask the dealer to turn it into a CPO(certified pre-own) and then I will buy.
CPO is an Audi warrantee I believe.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I bought the same Audi Pure plan you're looking at, mellow, when I bought my S4 last summer at Barrier. I knew i wanted an extended warranty as I've kept my last two cars 10 years each. They offered to come down a little on price on the $0 deductible plan at signing so I took them up on it. I compared prices to several 3rd parties and while I could have saved a few hundred dollars, having a contract with both Audi and the dealer's name on it is worth quite a lot to me. Yes, it's underwritten by a 3rd party, but if they go under I've got someone else to go after.

On my old S4 I initially bought an extended warranty directly from a 3rd party, Warranty Gold, who at the time was regarded as one of the best and underwrote many of the plans offered by dealers (AoA neither offered nor endorsed any at the time). Well, they went under and I was left with a worthless contract and out $2500. People who bought from their dealer were in many cases able to get reimbursed or given a new warranty at the dealer's expense out of goodwill and reputation. I did buy a second plan and came out a little ahead on it after replacing a water pump, cam seals, an ABS controller and a few other things. Never had any issues with claims (the shop took care of that) or hassles with using genuine OEM parts.

The part about being able to get refunded $2500 if you never use the Audi Pure plan is pretty unique, for the off chance nothing breaks in year 4-7.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brandonb
I bought the same Audi Pure plan you're looking at, mellow, when I bought my S4 last summer at Barrier. I knew i wanted an extended warranty as I've kept my last two cars 10 years each. They offered to come down a little on price on the $0 deductible plan at signing so I took them up on it. I compared prices to several 3rd parties and while I could have saved a few hundred dollars, having a contract with both Audi and the dealer's name on it is worth quite a lot to me. Yes, it's underwritten by a 3rd party, but if they go under I've got someone else to go after.

On my old S4 I initially bought an extended warranty directly from a 3rd party, Warranty Gold, who at the time was regarded as one of the best and underwrote many of the plans offered by dealers (AoA neither offered nor endorsed any at the time). Well, they went under and I was left with a worthless contract and out $2500. People who bought from their dealer were in many cases able to get reimbursed or given a new warranty at the dealer's expense out of goodwill and reputation. I did buy a second plan and came out a little ahead on it after replacing a water pump, cam seals, an ABS controller and a few other things. Never had any issues with claims (the shop took care of that) or hassles with using genuine OEM parts.

The part about being able to get refunded $2500 if you never use the Audi Pure plan is pretty unique, for the off chance nothing breaks in year 4-7.
Same here but it was for a Chevy pickup. The trustees in that bankruptcy case spent years trying to get the monies owed to customers from their Cayman Island banks. Whats even worse one of the founders still operates a VSC company. Forgot which one but I have a notebook filled with info and ratings. But for my 2005 S4 with 108000 the price is to high or they won't write a policy.

Anyone know from personal experience a good warranty company?
BTW warranty gold was highly recommended by Consumer Reports.
Good luck,
nick
Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone had any experience with Direct Buy Warranty co?
I was quoted a full extended warranty for 4 years/ 48,000 miles for about $2700.
Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty??