S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidelity Warranty will not sell direct

I've contacted Fidelity Warranty service & asked several times to buy an extended warranty. The rep declined & said that they ONLY SELL THRU DEALERS. PERIOD.

If there is someone who has gotten coverage directly through Fidelity, I would appreciate the contact info.

Thanks,
Pfcoach
Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pfcoach
I've contacted Fidelity Warranty service & asked several times to buy an extended warranty. The rep declined & said that they ONLY SELL THRU DEALERS. PERIOD.

If there is someone who has gotten coverage directly through Fidelity, I would appreciate the contact info.

Thanks,
Pfcoach
You can't buy direct from Fidelity. The reason being is so that dealers can re-sell the warranty for whatever price they want, thus the reason for the drastic differences from dealer to dealer.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Ext Warranty Vehicle Service Contract.

Originally Posted by COLO S4
You can't buy direct from Fidelity. The reason being is so that dealers can re-sell the warranty for whatever price they want, thus the reason for the drastic differences from dealer to dealer.
whats funny and that when I talked to Fidelity, they were real
helpful in locating a local dealer. A couple of the better rated warranties or should i say Vehicle Service Contracts are not sold direct to the consumer. When I asked them, "Would the
warranty cost more at the MB dealership then the Nissan dealership?"
She told me the prices should all be similar since it's for the same item. The local Audi dealership doesn't carry the Fidelity warranty but the price was way more at the MB than the Nissan dealership. Both way to high. I've been looking at extended warranties for my 2005 S4 that has 108k on it but they either don't cover it or the price is sky high.
Anybody have any personal experiences with a warranty company. Years ago we bought a Warranty Gold warranty for my dad's truck.
We go to use it the companies bankrupt. It took the trustees years to try to get peoples money back from the Cayman bank accounts. Yet, one of the founders has started another warranty company. Something is just wrong with that. Best deal is buying from the net, i have learned way more than I needed to about VSC but there is nothing better than someone's truthful testimonial. One day I may compress everything into a post.