S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

A few rotten apples...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carguyrob
I know this isn't the point of this thread, but if they are talking the current CTS-V...no way. While considering different cars to purchase, I test drove a slightly used '09 CTS-V auto. It was SO SCARY fast that it was shocking. I felt as though it was always on the edge of losing control and launching itself off the road into a tree or ditch if you gave it too much gas.
I know the feeling. My friend has a 08 GT500 and that thing makes you feel so unsafe when you are inside it and its roaring down the road.

I mean there is nothing to hold onto for safety in the car! its do or die! LOL
Old 10-08-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
...spoil the bunch.

How did you guys like your first B5 S4 pirrannha attack? I told you they'd come strong sooner or later. Talking **** about their cars is always a sure recipe for an 8 page argument.

However retards like this guy aren't helping the B8's cause...you guys will soon need to ostracize a few of these retards like the B6 guys did with that 3rd gear guy!

and this guy...who is apparently ordering a B8 S4 soon

A tuned/exhaust/testpipe B8 A4 and I had a race a month or two back, and from the words of the guys in the 'audience' he was 4 cars behind me by 4th. How this retard says he was 'pacing' a CTS-V...just randomly in his neighbourhood...not a race...and plays it off as evidence is beyond me. He has a B7 A4 2.0T with a tune. That's it. He's making 250hp. He'll run 14+ second quarter miles all day.
They might have been actually racing a stock CTS and not a CTS-V, maybe they don't know the differance? Ha!

Last edited by rfogleman; 10-08-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rfogleman
They might have been actually racing a stock CTS and not a CTS-V, maybe they don't know the differance? Ha!
That would have been my first guess too
Old 10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

my first thought was the 1st gen CTS-V...
Old 10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

a sak of rotten tomatoes
Old 10-08-2010, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The last two years of the previous CTS-V has the 6 liter engine. Its a light car and I test drove one was pretty damm fast. It destroys tires and has a hard time getting traction. No way a B8 A4 keeps up with it, once it gets moving. Initial launch for a tiny bit sure, just due to quattro. For the ist gen V, magnusson has a blower kit for it that really wakens it up. Friend of mine has one and we take turn chasing after each other on backraods with my B6 S4.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

they had actually started a thread on AZ B5S4 forum to come pile on the B8S4'ers that called them "ricers"

Bruce
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by primetime
This will be a long post.... LOL While I agree with you Sak, I wouldn't have posted but that's your call... Like Neal said Why waste the time....
it's funny, because I think the level headed guys for the most part post here, while all the guys who don't have a grasp on performance ruin the AZ threads. None of those guys post here.

Originally Posted by L0U
a sak of rotten tomatoes
Well, one of them does.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just read the factual posts and quite frankly, I don't care what car is faster then who - All I care about is my driving experience (I have a blast each time I get behind the wheel) and keeping my S4 clean...

I've learned a lot and continue to learn a lot through both forums (lurker ftw).

(I thought PC Hardware flame wars were bad - good to know its common for forums regardless of genre...)
Old 10-09-2010, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
it's funny, because I think the level headed guys for the most part post here, while all the guys who don't have a grasp on performance ruin the AZ threads. None of those guys post here.

Well, one of them does.
Exactly, that is why I have been a member here a long time and just recently joined AZ... I said the exact same thing to Keith from APR when he asked me why I make my drag racing posts over here.... I prefer the quality of people over here more.... There is a lot more traffic over there though...

Just dumbfounded by Voltron's results I couldn't even fall back to sleep...

Quick Reply: A few rotten apples...