S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

A few rotten apples...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
Exactly, that is why I have been a member here a long time and just recently joined AZ... I said the exact same thing to Keith from APR when he asked me why I make my drag racing posts over here.... I prefer the quality of people over here more.... There is a lot more traffic over there though...

Just dumbfounded by Voltron's results I couldn't even fall back to sleep...
Hahaha... that's funny b/c I read it when I woke up in the middle of the night and then when I just got up in the morning, I thought I had dreamt it. A BAD dream.....
Old 10-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Exactly, that is why I have been a member here a long time and just recently joined AZ... I said the exact same thing to Keith from APR when he asked me why I make my drag racing posts over here.... I prefer the quality of people over here more.... There is a lot more traffic over there though...

Just dumbfounded by Voltron's results I couldn't even fall back to sleep...
What were his results? Im assuming they were not so good?
Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by M3 Montreal
What were his results? Im assuming they were not so good?

Ugh. I know how Prime felt last week. Can't wait for him to get back from the track today. It gives me hope that my issue will be resolved as well.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
Voltron - you asked 'What is happening around here?' in a thread you started on AZ? Well...there you go. Retards are buying your car and talking all kinds of moronic ****. Good to see a few guys from here called that ****-talking out. Funny stuff. AZ attracts some rare chickens.
Things got ugly in the B8 section real quick. Bruce was kind enough to bring me up to speed on the tuner warz that I haven't been around for in the past.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think that a thread that was meant to be a "joke" turned into a serious war in insecurities on both sides. Pretty damn pathetic.

Idiots pick the car (B5 or B8) the car doesn't pick the idiots. Oh well.... for anyone who thought "we" were better than the BMW crowd... lol

If a Stage 3+ B5 was a little larger, a little more comfortable and a little more reliable, I could definitely see myself driving one as a daily. Unfortunately that's not a B5.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I think that a thread that was meant to be a "joke" turned into a serious war in insecurities on both sides. Pretty damn pathetic.
You know what? Written communication is tough sometimes. It is so easy for something to be misinterpreted or for people to project their own emotions and "read between the lines" when there is nothing to read. It is also easy for people to "miss the joke" as sarcasm and humor are sometimes challenging to convey in writing.

I've also noticed that the common practice is to go into a thread and post about current posts without going back and reading the whole thread. This never ends well.

I've had to address this numerous times at work as well. It's to the point where I have hosted multiple meetings about changing the way we communicate with the group on certain topics.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
You know what? Written communication is tough sometimes. It is so easy for something to be misinterpreted or for people to project their own emotions and "read between the lines" when there is nothing to read. It is also easy for people to "miss the joke" as sarcasm and humor are sometimes challenging to convey in writing.

I've also noticed that the common practice is to go into a thread and post about current posts without going back and reading the whole thread. This never ends well.

I've had to address this numerous times at work as well. It's to the point where I have hosted multiple meetings about changing the way we communicate with the group on certain topics.
Exactly... it's hard to pick up things like sarcasm when you write it... that's why you use those stupid little emoticons. But some people still get all bent out of shape over anything.... some people must think the Lord himself drives a B5, or conversely the B8 is the greatest vehicle that ever had a super charger, laying waste to whatever it races.

Personally I think it's ok to get excited about this new platform... yeah, lets not get carried away with dreams of beating super cars, but I also think the B5 speaks for itself, no need for the owners to be so defensive. Half of them would come across so much cooler if they just kept their mouths shut.

Now it's turning into a "class war". Great. I guess we can all drive Audi's but we can't all get along. Lets not even bring the RS4 people into it. lol
Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I take solace in knowing that if a BMW owner had popped in and said that all Audi's suck the Audi brotherhood would have been reunited right on the spot.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

DrV- lol at the RS4 guys comment!

Bruce
Old 10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
DrV- lol at the RS4 guys comment!

Bruce
Saying "RS4" is about the only thing that brings more furry than saying "B5" in a thread. I'm already looking over my shoulder.

Quick Reply: A few rotten apples...