S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

A few rotten apples...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I think that a thread that was meant to be a "joke" turned into a serious war in insecurities on both sides. Pretty damn pathetic.

Idiots pick the car (B5 or B8) the car doesn't pick the idiots. Oh well.... for anyone who thought "we" were better than the BMW crowd... lol

If a Stage 3+ B5 was a little larger, a little more comfortable and a little more reliable, I could definitely see myself driving one as a daily. Unfortunately that's not a B5.
If I had to pick an adjective to describe what I have been reading about the so called "tuning wars" it would be 'insecure'.

It's as if people are living vicariously throught their cars or something!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

sorry to say this but a bunch of morons on that forum.
It seems like people always like to skew reality. I wonder how come people can't just be happy with reality.
Reality is:

1. B5 is/was still an amazing platform.(with reasonable mods still faster than a B6/B7/B8 and it is 10 years old.) That is pretty good longevity.
2. Of course the B8 handles better as it is 10 years newer.
3. Design wise this is purely subjective so each person will have own opinion.
4. just because people mod cars it doesn't make their car is a rice rocket and that they are punks.
5. Just because someone drives a B5 it doesn't mean they can't afford a B8.
6. Sorry to say this but some of the B8 owners sound totally like the BMW owners on that forum. Wonder if some are actual BMW owners coming over to Audi.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

****ing awesome summary!

Originally Posted by riegerman
sorry to say this but a bunch of morons on that forum.
It seems like people always like to skew reality. I wonder how come people can't just be happy with reality.
Reality is:

1. B5 is/was still an amazing platform.(with reasonable mods still faster than a B6/B7/B8 and it is 10 years old.) That is pretty good longevity.
2. Of course the B8 handles better as it is 10 years newer.
3. Design wise this is purely subjective so each person will have own opinion.
4. just because people mod cars it doesn't make their car is a rice rocket and that they are punks.
5. Just because someone drives a B5 it doesn't mean they can't afford a B8.
6. Sorry to say this but some of the B8 owners sound totally like the BMW owners on that forum. Wonder if some are actual BMW owners coming over to Audi.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i came from the BMW side... my B8 S4 is the best car for the money i have driven. my friends who own bmws love my car...in fact they openly envy it.

all this crap about who can drag race faster at a stop light is embarassing...on a track it means something... on the strip in front of the grocery store its all conjecture and stories.

the drama and attention we have put into this "CTS-V story" reflects poorly on us because we all know its absurd. why even argue about if it is true or not... we all know the S4 smokes any car ever made or that will be made at any point in the future and that OJ didn't cut his wife's head off.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

The biggest problem I see with this thread is that I just got destroyed by our B8 S4 Stage 2 in our B5 S4 Stage 3.

I'm pretty sure a Stage 2 B8 is faster than a regular Stage 3 B5.

We just did a couple of quick runs but I lost interest real quick.

Arin and I are going to get vids of it later today.

I assume our B5 Stage 3 car could be sick but its hitting 22 psi and I damn sure thought the B8 wasn't going to have a chance after driving the B5 for the last couple of days.

Does anyone know 60-130mph times for a REGULAR B5 Stage 3?

I have a pbox so I can verify its running as it should that way.

I know the next debate is that our B5 must not be running right and I don't have time to dyno it for a week or so.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Keith@APR
The biggest problem I see with this thread is that I just got destroyed by our B8 S4 Stage 2 in our B5 S4 Stage 3.

I assume our B5 Stage 3 car could be sick but its hitting 22 psi and I damn sure thought the B8 wasn't going to have a chance after driving the B5 for the last couple of days.

I know the next debate is that our B5 must not be running right and I don't have time to dyno it for a week or so.
Don't say anything to the B5 guys or we're going to have another 20 pages of nonsense! lol
Old 10-11-2010, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Don't say anything to the B5 guys or we're going to have another 20 pages of nonsense! lol
I am sure our B5 is just not running as well as all other B5 Stage 3's.

Its prolly a waste of my time anyways since we all know that B5's can nevar lose!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well even if the B5 got beat the fact still remain,
1. 10year older car
2. Much more km on the B5 that you guys most likely beat to hell
3. B5 coming anywhere close is decent since again it is a 10year older tech

People need to understand that 10 years is a long time in the auto industry and for a slightly modified B5 stage 3 to beat a B8 stock is pretty impressive. The B8 still needs a tune and other mods to beat the B5 if it can at all. I am not biased here as I have a B5 A4 and also a B8 S4 but the reality is the B5 was/is an awesome platform. I might even change my B5 A4 for a B5 S4 just to modify it.
If you are going to do a video can you do it from a dead stop all the way up to 155mph and also from a roll?
It's not that a B5 can never lose but you aren't giving the B5 platform the credit that it deserves.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by riegerman
Well even if the B5 got beat the fact still remain,
1. 10year older car
2. Much more km on the B5 that you guys most likely beat to hell
3. B5 coming anywhere close is decent since again it is a 10year older tech

People need to understand that 10 years is a long time in the auto industry and for a slightly modified B5 stage 3 to beat a B8 stock is pretty impressive. The B8 still needs a tune and other mods to beat the B5 if it can at all. I am not biased here as I have a B5 A4 and also a B8 S4 but the reality is the B5 was/is an awesome platform. I might even change my B5 A4 for a B5 S4 just to modify it.
If you are going to do a video can you do it from a dead stop all the way up to 155mph and also from a roll?
It's not that a B5 can never lose but you aren't giving the B5 platform the credit that it deserves.
The B5 was a great car, no one is doubting that.

The B8 "can be" just as great, time will tell.

The biggest concern I see for the B5 crowd is that they will lose the crown of having the best S4 ever if in fact the B8 does prove to be as quick.

We all know that simply due to the march of automotive technology over the past 10 years the B8 does everything else better already.

We are simply arguing performance vs. dollar spent at this point and to make this discussion fair, it needs to focus on the price of modification only.

The B8 has better styling, better technology, more luxury, better handling, etc.......

Its more expensive, as is everything that is newer, to purchase, yes, but that is to be expected.

To get a 10 second B5 you still need to spend $15k+

To get a low 12 second B5 you still need to spend $10k+, right?

The question, is to get a low 12 second B8, how much do you have to spend?

How much do you have to spend on a B8 to hit 11's?

If you can spend less to achieve a low 12 or 11 with a B8 than you do on a B5, the debate is over.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The question, is to get a low 12 second B8, how much do you have to spend?

How much do you have to spend on a B8 to hit 11's?

If you can spend less to achieve a low 12 or 11 with a B8 than you do on a B5, the debate is over.
$1,500 on tune and $340 on intake = 12.38 Will get better with a lower DA!

$1,500 tune, $340 intake, $1,500 exhaust = ??.?? My guess is 12.2 or better especially since it will be 50's this weekend.... That's a low 12 in my book....

Quick Reply: A few rotten apples...