S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Finally calling Audi of America about my malfunctioning transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally calling Audi of America about my malfunctioning transmission

After another call to my service advisor @ Audi North Austin, Mike, he told me that they hadn't heard anything back from Audi recently. They couldn't tell me when they'd finally locate the parts in Inglestadt, ship them back to the states, and when I'd finally get my car back.

So Audi is not able to tell me anything after 2 weeks - as I first brought the car in on June 7th! I paid a $900 lease payment for June, and I've only driven the car 1 week out of 4 for the month! What am I paying for? So Mike tells me to call Audi of America and open a case by calling 800-822-2834 and telling them my problem.

So I call and Kathryn comes on the line. I give her my name, address, complaint, and tell her I've driven Audis for the last 20 years. She looks me up and sees 7 of the cars I've bought from Audi, and even admits they don't have all the Audis I've ever bought on record. But, she agrees with me that I've been a reliable owner of Audis. Yes, she states, they should be reliable to me, as well!

She says she's going to get on the case right away, call my service advisor, get back to me right away (like tomorrow), and implies that Audi may reimburse me financially! She also gave me her direct phone number. We'll see what happens!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my experience they will do whatever is necessary to make you feel better. Good luck
Old 06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

that sucks DrRick! when did they tell you the part was going to come in? as you may recall, I had some similar difficulties. good luck!

Bruce
Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi should find a resolution for you. It is all about approach and professionalism. They have so many yahoo's and idiot's contacting them that they have to manage situations and make sure they protect the customers tht actually require and deserve protection.

Sounds like you have the right approach and are handling it well. have never found a resolution out of touch with the right approach.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

What's the issue Doc? Regrettably this is the first I've heard of your problem (must have missed earlier thread?), and the search has proven useless....
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chestlock
What's the issue Doc? Regrettably this is the first I've heard of your problem (must have missed earlier thread?), and the search has proven useless....
Here ya go chestlock. Here's a little trick for finding a post by a specific person on the forum. Just click on their name and look for the link that says "find more posts by".

Here's is the back drop on DrRicks story... The dealership told him they would order the parts and it would be 5 days...so he would have the part around the 13th-15th range depending on what day the dealership got the parts ordered.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2807368&page=3
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good luck DrRick...please keep us posted on what AoA says.

I'm highly interested to hear how this one comes turns out...you have been one of the most dedicated car owners I have ever heard of!!! Audi clearly needs to jump all over this for you!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Good luck DrRick...please keep us posted on what AoA says.

I'm highly interested to hear how this one comes turns out...you have been one of the most dedicated car owners I have ever heard of!!! Audi clearly needs to jump all over this for you!
Thanks redrocker55!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
Thanks redrocker55!
+1

Yeesh - hope you get a speedy resolution Doc!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I hope they at least put you in a nice courtesy car. I have posted issues I have had with my car which include the tranny, sunroof, glovebox, trunk, vibration at low speed shudder etc. Two tows so far where I have been left stranded. I still love this car, however, it's embarrasing when someone asks why I'm in a courtesy car again. It's happened so frequently now I just say it's in for service. My TT had 200,000 km on it when I recently sold it. I was only stranded once with that car and that was a dead battery at 150,000 km, so I can't complain about that car. My GTI an 07 has been near flawless and the DSG tranny in that car has been great. So overall I will buy another VWAudi product. With my 2010 S4 being an early model year release I should have know better. My father always said never buy a car in it's first model year. This car was released months ahead in Europe so I thought I was good, obviously not. Anyway, I feel for you and hope your tranny issue gets resolved soon.

Quick Reply: Finally calling Audi of America about my malfunctioning transmission