S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Finally calling Audi of America about my malfunctioning transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Follow up with Audi of America (AOA) on my deceased S-Tronic

So I called Kathryn, my rep @ AOA, to see what the status is of them finding me a new transmission. She says she's gotten more people involved, they're looking @ a number of possible sources; the factory, suppliers, etc - but they still haven't found a tranny for me yet! Part of the hold-up, of course, is them being in the middle of gearing up to start up the run of 2012 models. On the positive side, my tranny will have all the 2012 software & hardware upgrades - including launch control. But, she say's they've accelerated things as fast as they can. She said she'd call me as soon as they found out something.

Also, she said they've apparently never had this type of problem with the S-Tronic before. She claims I'm the first. I dunno. Maybe. They still can't give me a date when a new tranny will ship from Ingolstadt - can't tell me when I'll get my car back. Somehow this doesn't make me feel all warm & fuzzy.

What does make me feel better is that she said for all the confusion & delay - they will be making my July payment for me. Now that *does* give me a bit of a warm glow as I can think of *lots* of uses for nearly $900 smackers! Still, I *want* my car back!

So I'm a little peeved at Ingolstadt, Germany - where Audi lives. But, I do think AOA [(800)822-2834], themselves, was pretty responsive and I recommend calling them if you have an issue with your S4.

Last edited by drrick89; 06-27-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drrick89
So I called Kathryn, my rep @ AOA, to see what the status is of them finding me a new transmission. She says she's gotten more people involved, they're looking @ a number of possible sources; the factory, suppliers, etc - but they still haven't found a tranny for me yet! Part of the hold-up, of course, is them being in the middle of gearing up to start up the run of 2012 models. On the positive side, my tranny will have all the 2012 software & hardware upgrades - including launch control. But, she say's they've accelerated things as fast as they can. She said she'd call me as soon as they found out something.

Also, she said they've apparently never had this type of problem with the S-Tronic before. She claims I'm the first. I dunno. Maybe. They still can't give me a date when a new tranny will ship from Inglestadt - can't tell me when I'll get my car back. Somehow this doesn't make me feel all warm & fuzzy.

What does make me feel better is that she said for all the confusion & delay - they will be making my July payment for me. Now that *does* give me a bit of a warm glow as I can think of *lots* of uses for nearly $900 smackers! Still, I *want* my car back!

So I'm a little peeved at Inglestadt, Germany - where Audi lives. But, I do think AOA [(800)822-2834], themselves, was pretty responsive and I recommend calling them if you have an issue with your S4.
DrRick-

That sucks. Looks like you have beaten my 15 day ordeal without my S4. Looks like they are trying to make it right for you though. Best of luck!

Bruce
Old 06-27-2011, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also, she said they've apparently never had this type of problem with the S-Tronic before. She claims I'm the first. I dunno. Maybe. They still can't give me a date when a new tranny will ship from Inglestadt - can't tell me when I'll get my car back. Somehow this doesn't make me feel all warm & fuzzy.

So I'm a little peeved at Inglestadt, Germany - where Audi lives. But, I do think AOA [(800)822-2834], themselves, was pretty responsive and I recommend calling them if you have an issue with your S4.
Glad to hear they are trying to make it right. However, since you had previously planned to spend that $900 on the car, you may still want to... Just saying that since the 900 was accounted for as gone anyway (sunk cost) - you can get a tune + pulley all for about the cost of a tune... (tune + pulley - 900) some creative accounting to ponder...
Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
you can get a tune + pulley all for about the cost of a tune... (tune + pulley - 900) some creative accounting to ponder...
Now *that's* an interesting idea! I know what a tune is, but what the heck is a pulley?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Now *that's* an interesting idea! I know what a tune is, but what the heck is a pulley?
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Pulley-Upgrade

Haven't gotten it yet, but sounds like pure fun...