S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Finally got her home! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Can you comment on the adaptive c/c after you've used it a few times? I want it on my next car and have wondered how effective it is (i.e., does it work as advertised, or is it good on paper but not in application). Thanks in advance. Your car looks awesome.
I would love to hear more about the CC too.

Does it slow the car down gradually or does it feel abrupt. Does the lens material appear vulnerable to road debris?

Can you run the car with cruise on but turn the adaptive feature off? My Infiniti had adaptive cruise and if it was raining out too much, too much snow, etc I could not use the cruise... And these were situations where it was completely safe to use the cruise.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys! It's nice to finally be an official B8 S4 owner.

Now I'll try to answer some questions...

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
congrats, shipmate! ibis looks great with TI + tint...nicely done! kiss that 15 year old car goodbye!
Thanks man. Have you gotten your's yet? I haven't been keeping up with the forum lately...been too busy driving mine around!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tsheldrake
It's Glacier right, not ibis?

Looks great either way, just curious for my own personal gain.

The Supercharged badges aren't standard anymore and this is a '12, so did you get them swapped out already?
It is Ibis. Prestige. Titanium. Black Nappa. Carbon Atlas.

Being pure bright white without any metallic it has a tendency to pickup hues from the lighting.

My dealer ordered the Supercharged badges and installed them before I picked up the car.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Can you comment on the adaptive c/c after you've used it a few times? I want it on my next car and have wondered how effective it is (i.e., does it work as advertised, or is it good on paper but not in application). Thanks in advance. Your car looks awesome.
Since I haven't had the car a week yet, I haven't had a good opportunity to test out the Adaptive Cruise too much yet. When I was able to try it out, it worked great, as expected. I came up on a big truck slowing down and the car kept perfect distance slowing down gradually with the truck until I could change lanes when it returned to my set speed. So far so good.

On a side note, it's also equipped with Active Breaking which I didn't realize is a separate feature setting in the MMI. It was enabled by default and engaged when I was accelerating rapidly around a slower moving car. I had an open lane change around the slower vehicle but I guess what happened was the Active Breaking kicked in, gave me some warning beeps and then actually hit the brakes for only about half a second. It must have not anticipated my lane change I guess. It was a bit odd when it happened and caught me off-guard. It can be disabled in the MMI but I need to read more about it in the manual unless someone here can explain it better.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
Looks great, but appears to be missing a pedal.
You're right. It is missing a pedal, but aren't F1 cars missing one too? :roll eyes:

All of my previous cars, including the 15 year old vehicle I still own and drive when needed, have a manual transmission. I do a ton of city driving and often get caught in Dallas rush-hour traffic. It was time for a change, if you know what I mean.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sducotey
Car looks great? When did you actually order the car? I have one coming also from Sewell. Ordered it end of July and should be here first week of October. Did you ask them not to install the chrome Sewell letters on the back of the car?
I placed my order on June 30. Yes, I requested they save the time and effort of putting on their dealer badge. I would have just taken it off.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats on the S4. Love the black/white contrast the Ti package brings. Looks awesome! You will love this car more and more every day!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by waples
Thanks man. Have you gotten your's yet? I haven't been keeping up with the forum lately...been too busy driving mine around!
understood! getting mine this week! enjoy...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very nice. Love the carbon fiber. BMW offers an aluminum trim that just looks cheap, like something you would see in a Pontiac.

Glad you went with one tone seats. Can't see doing red or white two tone.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Can you run the car with cruise on but turn the adaptive feature off?
I read somewhere here that you can't. Wouldn't take long for someone to smash in to the back of a slower car expecting the adaptive cruise to kick in...

Quick Reply: Finally got her home! (Pics)