S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Finally got my fogs to match the leds :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM's sent out.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by finesta101
PM's sent out.
I'm interested as well!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Interested
Old 09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interested!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

PM's Sent..Thanks for payment for those who paid
Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For everyone who has ordered a set, your order has been shipped out.

For anyone still interested, i currently have these in stock and ready to ship... whoever may be interested please let me know. Thank You
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can I get a PM? Thanks.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Simple DIY install for HID Fog Light Kit

HIT Kit install

www.aaeurotuning.com
Required tools
1. t25 screw driver

2. 3m double sided tape, strongest you can find

This is a very short and simple DIY. I have used the 3m tape and the ballasts have not budged for about 5 months now (and i drive in NY... a lot of bad roads)

DRIVER SIDE
1. There are 2 clips in the circled area. You have to stick your hand/fingers in the and pull slightly down on them, then pull the fog light housing back. Wiggle it a bit if it doesn't want to come out a while pulling down on the clips, and the top half of the fog light housing should start coming out... then you should be able to just pull it out.

2. Grab your t25 scew driver and unscrew the bolts circled... the fog light should come right out after that

3. Take the OEM bulb out of your fog light, and place your fog light on the side. Also, unplug your OEM bulb from your car.

IMPORTANT
4. Now grab the ballast and hook it up to your OEM plug, and connect the 2 other connection from the new HID bulb to the ballast, and put on your fog lights to make sure everything is properly connected and working. IF IT DOESNT TURN ON, JUST UNPLUG THE CONNECTION WHERE THE BALLAST CONNECTS TO YOUR CAR AND FLIP IT...SOME CARS(audi) HAVE REVERSED POLARITY SO YOU JUST HAVE TO FLIP THE CONNECTION THE OTHER WAY

5. After you see everything is properly connected and works you can proceed.

6. Get out the 3m Double sided tape and the ballast. Paste 2-3 strips of 3m tape on the back of the ballast. Now place it in the circled area and stick it down. It shouldn't move or budge
(You are placing the ballast inside the bumper on top of where the fog light sits...

7. Get out the bulbs... To make things a bit easier take off the plastic piece(beige) that sits behind the red rubber circle to make the bulb fit into your headlight better. Circled in the picture

It should then look like the bottom picture

8. Plug in the bulb into your fog light.. set the wires that are left behind it and your done. Screw everything back in and put it all back in place. You are done with one side

Passenger Side
1. You can repeat the process by taking off the plastic housing also but because this side of the housing is a bit different, the clips arent reachable from the front. If you grab it and wiggle it a bit you can pop it off, but you might break something so better not to.

2. Turn your wheel to the left and unscrew the circled screw

3. You can now pull the sheet back and either
a. reach for the fog light clips and pop it off
b. Do the rest of the install behind the wheel.

4. If you choose to pop off the housing, just repeat the same steps and for the driver side. If you choose to do it by accessing it all by the wheels well the steps are pretty similar except taking out the fog light.

These instructions are just based on how i decided to mount the ballasts and install everything. There are other ways of mounting the ballasts so decide if you would like to do what i have done, or something different.

Enjoy

* dont forget to keep your original bulbs in-case you may ever need them again *

** There are also extra wires that come attached with the bulbs, you will not need them so you can just take them off **
Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Hid kits $60 bucks

If your in baltimore Maryland go to Dy Audio wholesale 443-242-7154 Mon-Fri 10-6 Sat 10-4 Sun-Closed Hid kits are $60.00 for 6k 8k 10k $65.00 for red yellow dark blue and green
Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

take some night shots with better camera if posible..

Quick Reply: Finally got my fogs to match the leds :)