S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

First Audi, 6MT or DST

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foogie
Ahh so you went with the Revo. Was thinking about that since there is a place in Fort Worth that does it now apparently. So you like it? How come you didn't go APR? It's probably the same right?
The Revo tune is great - pulls harder all the way from the midrange through the top. The software switcher is super easy to use - no complaints.

For now, Revo seems (don't take my word for it, search the forums) to be the fastest Stage 1 only tune but APR is due out with a version 2.0 of their software that will likely put them back on par with the Revo tune. When I bought the tune, APR hadn't announced their version 2.0 so I went with what I felt was the best performance option for the dollar spent. I have no regrets and would do it again or I would sit on the fence and wait for APR v 2.0 and GIAC to come out.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is the Audi Drive select really worth 4K? I didn't get it due to a friend of mine saying its not a big deal. He said the car handles amazing and he only played with his the first month then left it in Dynamic mode. Will the car be slower without it? My car hasn't left the factory yet as the one I wanted in Houston sold.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Par5nTwo
Is the Audi Drive select really worth 4K? I didn't get it due to a friend of mine saying its not a big deal. He said the car handles amazing and he only played with his the first month then left it in Dynamic mode. Will the car be slower without it? My car hasn't left the factory yet as the one I wanted in Houston sold.

Never mind. Searched and found. I don't think I will add Prestige for that price. I thought I wouldn't get the different setting and launch control ect without getting the ADS. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanS4
The Revo tune is great - pulls harder all the way from the midrange through the top. The software switcher is super easy to use - no complaints.

For now, Revo seems (don't take my word for it, search the forums) to be the fastest Stage 1 only tune but APR is due out with a version 2.0 of their software that will likely put them back on par with the Revo tune. When I bought the tune, APR hadn't announced their version 2.0 so I went with what I felt was the best performance option for the dollar spent. I have no regrets and would do it again or I would sit on the fence and wait for APR v 2.0 and GIAC to come out.
Auditude has the fastest tune only 93 time with his Revo tune... A few of us have him on race gas stage 1 and fonzie has him on 93 but with no cats... Honestly, though logs and dynos aside the rest of the track results during a much better time of the year aren't very good... couple low 13's and bunch of 12.8's... I will admit there are too few examples on Revo and GIAC to draw conclusions so will see what happens this spring/ summer...
Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Par5nTwo
We all tend to focus on the shock adjustment, but the ADS also offers a change in the steering RATIO. Non-ADS and ADS otherwise have identical throttle and steering WEIGHT adjustability.

The adjustable shocks alone seem expensive at $4000, especially since you can get aftermarket shocks for half that. But the steering ratio, which is available as a stand-alone option in Europe, is not something that can be addressed aftermarket (it involves upgraded hardware in addition to diferent software). The steering on my nonADS car is very good (I have the Alu Kruez). But it would be better if it were tighter........

My hardest decision was to forgo ADS, but the steering piece was the capability that had me thinking hard about spending the money.....