S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

First weekend with my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the BB club! I had my seat belt chime turned off even though I'm religious with putting it on before starting the car.

It took me a little while to get used to the electronic brake, but I *love* it now.
I use it at every stoplight since you can just start driving from a stop w/ the brake on.
Saves wear & tear on my old knee (ACL replaced).
Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats big windy, looks sweet! the electronic parking brake takes a little getting used to, but works fine.

You do not need to VAG gauge sweep as B8 S4 does this by default.

Bruce
Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
Yeah, you with the tight pants on (or anyone else who drives without a seatbelt *at any speed*) - you never said anything about rebuckling your seatbelt, instead saying that the "new cars then throw a fit with the seat belt chime."

As you probably know, I deal with head & brain injury every day - both as a doctor and a survivor of a near-fatal MVA, myself. There is a good reason that new cars chime relentlessly. It is this:

There is no such thing as a minor head injury!

Let me repeat: There is no such thing as a minor head injury!

So everyone - please, please - put your seat belt on *before* you start rolling again.

Understood? This is serious guys.
+1

Let me get on my high horse. I for one, have been saved from a 65 mph head-on fight with a tree and the fire that ensued by seatbelts. While the tree might've(and most definitely) won, even if unprovoked, I, more than likely wouldn't be typing this if it weren't for me wearing my seatbelt. I've also seen(as my time spent as a police officer) 35mph fatal accidents that you wouldn't have even thought there was an injury that may have have been prevented if a seatbelt was worn. You may think it is a "Nanny Law" as I did for quite a time, but it is definitely a worth while practice to get into so your family may enjoy you for a few years longer.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the seatbelt
Garages and parking lots are very dangerous, even cars are moving in slower speed.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

The only thing I have found that I don't particularly care for is how close the brake pedal is to the throttle pedal. The rest of the car is beyond expectations so far!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rfogleman
The only thing I have found that I don't particularly care for is how close the brake pedal is to the throttle pedal. The rest of the car is beyond expectations so far!
Likely designed for heel-toe.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys...the car has been great and I'm loving it so far.

Regarding the chime, I doubt many of us on here ride without seatbelts...but we all have different ways of getting started and different habits when in certain situations. My opinion is that there is no reason for the chime to be ringing if the car is not in motion. I'm going to have to experiment with it a bit more though, because I'm not sure that the seatbelt is actually causing the noise when I startup the car. I think it might be the passenger airbag.