S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Floor LED replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor LED replacements?

I get my new S4 delivered tomorrow. Can't wait any more! Will be Prem+ with Quartz Gray, Black/Black Alcantara, BanginO, Carbon Fiber, 18's, NAV. I didn't get the rear diff at my dealer's recommendation; sorta wish I did, but oh well. I will post pics when I have the car and get it cleaned up (being delivered to mi casa on a truck).

Has anyone attempted to replace the interior floor LEDs with anything brighter, or possibly even a different color, such as red? Will they set off any alarm codes?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Actually I'm not sure if they are LEDs or not, I just know the color has a slight bluish tint. Forgive me if they are not LEDs.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You should have got the rear diff. Did you drive a sport diff and a non sport diff car to see it's merits?

Bruce
Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scumbum
I didn't get the rear diff at my dealer's recommendation; sorta wish I did, but oh well.
Same here. I did test drive a car with all the bells and whistles including rear diff and ADS. My dealer was saying that unless I use it on the track (which I was not planning to do) that I would not be able to tell the difference. There was a 3 month wait after this test drive and when my car arrived in late November and I can't say that I am able to tell the difference now driving by reardiff-less S4. However after reading all the posts here it makes me wonder...

as an aside my dealer suggested that the regular sound system was really quite good and did not really push for the B+O sound. I was not buying a car on the lot so it couldn't have had to do with trying to clear inventory... With the odd way that the Canadian models are optioned this last point is probably what made me decide not to get the Prestige model as we can only get B+O on it - and I was planning to order the car with it. (the other reason is that I preferred the Canadian 18" wheels compared to the 19")
Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SLUSH
as an aside my dealer suggested that the regular sound system was really quite good and did not really push for the B+O sound. I was not buying a car on the lot so it couldn't have had to do with trying to clear inventory... With the odd way that the Canadian models are optioned this last point is probably what made me decide not to get the Prestige model as we can only get B+O on it - and I was planning to order the car with it. (the other reason is that I preferred the Canadian 18" wheels compared to the 19")
Man, that's exactly how I end up picking the base instead of premium. Hate the 19"s, don't care about B&O and full ADS. $2500 for a few minor options is too much IMO (Consider premium is $4500 but Napp is $1K and 19" is $1K).
Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

BTW, I can't find the specs anywhere but my SA told me the base audio package is a 180W 8 speaker setup. Sounds good enough to me.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

But what about the interior floor lights? Anyone ever swapped them for something brighter or perhaps a different color?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scumbum
But what about the interior floor lights? Anyone ever swapped them for something brighter or perhaps a different color?
Only checked the foot well in Driver Seat - it is LED, 1, surface mounted on small PCB. No clip fixture(s) that allow you 'swap in' a accessory LED, like w/Licence Plate Bulb say, so although not a major DIY activity it will entail mucking about w/existing LED Housing and connector ............. unles you color the existing lens perhaps and accept current brightness?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by S4Tokyo
Only checked the foot well in Driver Seat - it is LED, 1, surface mounted on small PCB. No clip fixture(s) that allow you 'swap in' a accessory LED, like w/Licence Plate Bulb say, so although not a major DIY activity it will entail mucking about w/existing LED Housing and connector ............. unles you color the existing lens perhaps and accept current brightness?
Hmm.. Thx for checking on that. Sounds like it may be more trouble than it's worth as I'm not much of a diy kind of guy, unfortunately. I'd just end up screwing something up. My idea was to install a much brighter bulb, in red, for each of the floor lights, and then replace the bulb in the main interior light on the roof of the car with a much dimmer, bluish tint bulb. I think this would have looked cool; the floor would glow red, marching the console instuments, and the ugly, dirty white glow from the overhead would be neutralized.