S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Fog Light GRILL Question/Custom Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light GRILL Question/Custom Intake

SO when i removed the original intake box i noticed there is a lot of room behind the passenger side front bumper. If an intake would be placed there it would receive optimal cold air. The only issue if the passenger side fog light grill is closed off unlike the driver side, where it is open for air passage. Does anyone know if a grill can be purchased to replace the OEM one, or is it worth cutting up the original?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't recommend this. That thing is down low (even lower if you plan to drop the car any) and will pick up a ton of larger particles from highway speeds that never make it into the intake area now - your filter will look like a street sweeper brush after a short time doing this. There really is no reason to, the small scoop that goes out under the where the hood closes ensures a ram effect and is very good at bringing fresh, cool air into the space while being sure it's high enough from the road surface to let gravity filer out much of the garbage.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I wouldn't recommend this. That thing is down low (even lower if you plan to drop the car any) and will pick up a ton of larger particles from highway speeds that never make it into the intake area now - your filter will look like a street sweeper brush after a short time doing this. There really is no reason to, the small scoop that goes out under the where the hood closes ensures a ram effect and is very good at bringing fresh, cool air into the space while being sure it's high enough from the road surface to let gravity filer out much of the garbage.
Yea you might be right. Today im picking up a intake pipe, wrapping it in heat resistant tape and tomorrow im getting a custom heat shield built