S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Frustrating delivery times.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrating delivery times.

What are reasons it could be stuck in port? I ordered wheel locks and floor mats as port-installed options.

The word from my dealer is, "sorry, looks like it is stuck at the port, let you know when I get it."

Does Dealer invoiced mean it is through customs?
The frustrating thing is I have seen of ti packages order well after mine that have taken delivery weeks ago.

Order Entry 06/27/2011
Factory Inspected 09/07/2011
Departure Port Arrived 09/09/2011
Ship Loaded 09/16/2011
Port Arrived 10/13/2011 (A week sooner than I thought)
Dealer Invoice 10/13/2011 (Through customs and into Audi control?)

Port Hold End 11/03/2011
Rel. to Carrier (Port) 11/03/2011
Dealer Delivered Week of 11/07/2011
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It means it is likely waiting for the next full truck or train. Mine was stuck at the port for over a week.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah, approaching 3 weeks at port by the time they expect a release. I don't think it takes that long to get a full truck headed to the bay area when the port is only an 8 hr drive.

Subsequently the dealer has stated "It’s going through customs. It’s being held until the ETA".

I knew it would be my vehicle that would have the anomaly in the delay. I have fears of it being the one in a thousand that get selected to have all the panels ripped off for close inspection by Customs and forever having unexplained rattles or wacky wiring.

Paranoid? Frustrated? . . . Getting there!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah man, we all go through it. The last 5-7 days is the worst, but the agony goes away immediately at delivery!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Could be due to damage.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by sid77
Could be due to damage.
^ What he said. Hate to put any fear in you but this is more common than perceived.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:00 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Calvin C
I have fears of it being the one in a thousand that get selected to have all the panels ripped off for close inspection by Customs and forever having unexplained rattles or wacky wiring.
I wouldn't worry about that I think that was only mentioned in reference for some that took European delivery since it was in the consumers hands while in Europe.

It's more likely what everyone else said, or waiting on floor mats etc. as you mentioned. Sorry.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

If you know the dealer number (San Jose?) you can look it up, if at San Diego. Rector Audi number is 426A31.

I am not sure the numbers for Carlson or StevensCreek Audi, but the code is always on the window stickers.

http://www.portofsd.com/audi_start.htm

Here are some notes from PoSD;

""Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I have a missing or damaged monroney label, how do I get one?

A. Monroney label reprints must be ordered through the VW or Audi Hub.

Q. Why is my dealer code/password not working in the VIN Status search?

A. The VIN Status database no longer requires the previous dealer code/password combination. To help simplify the log-in process, you only need to type in your dealer ID code.

Q. How long does it take a vehicle from Port arrival to shipment to a dealer?

A. Our studies indicate that on average it takes 7 days from Port arrival to shipment to dealers. However, this is just an average. Depending on the number of vehicles on ground, stop orders, actions, problems with parts or vehicle transportation damage, it could take longer.

Q. I have a vehicle that shows it is down for Parts. When can I expect to see this car?

A. Our studies indicate that on average a vehicle is down for Parts for 6 days. Most of our parts are ordered directly from the factory, so you have the transit time, customs and the actual installation of the part before it can be released.

Q. I have a vehicle in the body shop, how long will it be there?

A. This really depends on the severity of the damage, but on average it takes 6 days for a vehicle to be repaired in the body shop.

Q. I have a customer who is in desperate need of his vehicle, is there anything I can do to get him his car ?

A. Yes, you can fill out one or our "Sold"/"Rush" requests. We will attach a "Hot" label and prioritize it through the process. It still may go down for parts, paint, actions or stop orders, but it will be prioritized.

Q. I have a car that is down for Parts, can you tell what part it is down for? Or can you ship it to me and let me get the part?

A. Each vehicle that is down for Parts has a hangtag listing what parts are missing. It could be as simple as a set of keys or as big as an engine or transmission. It is our policy not to ship any vehicle missing parts.

Q. I recently received a car with damage under the rapguard, what do I do?

A. This is considered hidden damage and is not a transportation claim. The procedure is covered under Volkswagen Transportation Claim Instructions.

Q. I received a vehicle missing the video kit pack, whom do I contact?

A. You should contact Dymet Distribution Services at phone number (440) 572-0725 or fax (440) 572-0815.

Q. I received a vehicle missing the vehicle invoice and C of O, whom do I contact?

A. You should call 1-888-247-3112 or fax 1-905-428-5834.

Q. I received a vehicle missing the key code tag on the key ring, how do I get this information?

A. Unfortunately, if the key code tag is missing there is no way to recreate the key code.

Q. I received a vehicle missing the owners manual and warranty books, what do I do?

A. If you are missing these books you should order them through your Parts Department or contact the Port. It is illegal to sell a car without this information.

Q. I have a sold order that was sent to the Emission Lab for testing, why was this vehicle selected and how long will it be before I see it?

A. To meet E.P.A. and C.A.R.B. federal and state requirements, vehicles are selected by factories at random for emission testing. Vehicles produced in Mexico cannot be tested at the factory and meet these requirements. Vehicles that arrive in San Diego that are identified as Emission Lab vehicles are transported to Westlake Village, California for testing. The Emission Lab normally keeps these vehicles 10 - 14 days and then they are returned to San Diego to begin the Port process. On average, the entire process takes about three weeks.

Q. I received a vehicle with a "W" on the windshield, what does this mean?

A. The "W" means this vehicle had some paint or body work performed. California law requires a dealer to disclose to a customer any paint or bodywork that exceeds 3% of MSRP or $500, which ever is greater. Our policy is not to ship any car with over $400 in paint or body repairs to dealers. You can view the actual disclosure amount on the Volkswagen WIN system.

Q. I have a vehicle that shows a location of "R," what is "R" status?

A. "R" status identifies vehicles that are PPC OK, but unallocated. We store these vehicles in "R" status, until they are allocated or until we ship them to a Customer Choice Center. In this case, your AE may have just allocated the vehicle to you or it was awaiting paperwork.

Q. I have a vehicle that shows "LL" or load line, how long before I see this vehicle?

A. This depends on your dealership’s location. For dealers in Southern California and Arizona, you should receive the vehicle within 48 hours. For Dealers in Northern California and Nevada, you should receive your vehicles within 2 - 3 days. For dealers in the Pacific Northwest or Rocky Mountain areas, it may take 3 -5 days. If you have specific delivery questions, you should contact our carrier’s on this Web site.""