S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

GIAC makes my wife sick!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GIAC makes my wife sick!

I've had my GIAC tune for a few weeks now. When I got it done I was gone for most of the day. When I returned my wife enquired where I was. I told her I was at a shop having a few things looked at on the car. The following Saturday I was gone again for most of the day adjusting my PSS10's. Anyway, the wife asked what I had done to the car. I simply replied I had a few things adjusted, no big deal. All true. Since that time the last few times we have been out in the car she has been complaining that my driving is been making her sick. Today she made me open the window as she needed some fresh air. Again I was making her sick. She said she noticed something about the car and asked if I had done something. She went on to say that to her the car felt way more powerful. She was getting pushed back in the seat. I was laughing and finally confessed to her about the GIAC tune. By the way when she drove the car she didn't notice jack. I told her what it cost and she actually said that wasn't bad. So the wife approves, however, she wants me to take it easy when she is a passenger in the car.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pretty amusing and the best part is that you dont need to sleep on the couch or have the interior cleaned. Vomit is a horrible smell to get out of the car
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkato13
Thats pretty amusing and the best part is that you dont need to sleep on the couch or have the interior cleaned. Vomit is a horrible smell to get out of the car
I drove her pretty easy for the first few days.You don't really notice much in day to day driving. Really notice it now when driving hard such as passing. Took z few days. This car has so much torque already down low. You really notice it mid and high range, And for me now no short shift on the DSG.