S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Is this a good deal or what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal or what?

Hi everyone, i'm pretty new to this section, since I own a 2002 A6. When the B8 S4 first appeared, it was my dream to have one...one day, that day is finally here! I knew i couldn't afford the payments on the new S4 so I spent almost a year looking for the right vehicle. I found an amazing deal all the way in Arizona (I live in Pennsylvania). Its a 2010 S4 12K Black with Black/Red interior, nav and a "bang" system, all for $42K. I got it from a Benz dealer, it was a trade in. What ya'll think?...good deal or no? New car price is $52K with these options.
Attached Images    
Old 10-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MDMA
Hi everyone, i'm pretty new to this section, since I own a 2002 A6. When the B8 S4 first appeared, it was my dream to have one...one day, that day is finally here! I knew i couldn't afford the payments on the new S4 so I spent almost a year looking for the right vehicle. I found an amazing deal all the way in Arizona (I live in Pennsylvania). Its a 2010 S4 12K Black with Black/Red interior, nav and a "bang" system, all for $42K. I got it from a Benz dealer, it was a trade in. What ya'll think?...good deal or no? New car price is $52K with these options.
1. that's a really solid deal. Probably a couple grand over wholesale...Mercedes just wants a competitor's car off the lot.
2. any other options like sport diff etc.? What transmission?
3. what A6 do you have...fatbody? Love those. 2.7T? Also cool.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car doesn't have the sport diff as per the dash buttons. Otherwise it looks really well equipped. Solid price, but there's probably a bit of room to go lower.

Originally Posted by sakimano
1. that's a really solid deal. Probably a couple grand over wholesale...Mercedes just wants a competitor's car off the lot.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
its a manual, for me its a blast driving manual vs auto, although the auto trans is nice when stuck in traffic
Unfortunately no sport diff, but i'm ok with that cause not really planin on racing on a track.
I have the 2.7T w 110K, still runs like a champ on K03...I chipped it and put exhaust/intake at around 45K...
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How do you like the red interior? I heard it's much darker than the pix.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDMA
its a manual, for me its a blast driving manual vs auto, although the auto trans is nice when stuck in traffic
Unfortunately no sport diff, but i'm ok with that cause not really planin on racing on a track.
I have the 2.7T w 110K, still runs like a champ on K03...I chipped it and put exhaust/intake at around 45K...
That's a nice looking S4, esp. for the price!

Now don't trade your OEM wheels for black wheels like you did with your old A6. Looks like somebody stole the hub caps from that car!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
That's a nice looking S4, esp. for the price!

Now don't trade your OEM wheels for black wheels like you did with your old A6. Looks like somebody stole the hub caps from that car!
U'll be surprised but those are stock BBS rims that come with sports package on the A6... powercoated black

As far as the s4 i even got a better deal on it, went to the dealer to get the audi care but it already came with the car since the first owner bought it and it transfered with the car, best car deal i've had!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by psymon_pwnz
How do you like the red interior? I heard it's much darker than the pix.
yeah in real life it's a little darker, but not by much. On the photos, the light reflects off the red and thats why they look ligher, sometimes even with a little pink shade in them.