S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Got rear-ended by a Lexus SUV yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got rear-ended by a Lexus SUV yesterday...

...while driving to the car wash!

This car has had more fender benders and wheel dings then any car I've ever owned and I've only owned it one year (1/30/09)!!!

The current accident scratched the bumper - which has to be replaced because it's mostly plastic - and messed up the trunk & trunk mechanism because it won't close properly (it took them half an hour to close it at the car wash). I'm going to the car dealership this morning to have them look at the damage & secure the trunk so it doesn't pop open while I'm driving. Fortunately, the young driver of the other car was still under his dad's insurance - State Farm - where I already have a claim number. Oh what fun!

So any insights or cautions about getting your trunk/rear bumper repaired from you guys would sure be appreciated!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks, hope they fix it up like new. State Farm is pretty good so you shouldn't have issues.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Make sure to seek diminished value compensation
Old 01-03-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry to hear that, man. What kind of a weirdo buys an SUV from Lexus anyway? I was behind one for a couple of miles on my commute this morning and every once in a while he would jerk sharply right or left at what seemed like random intervals. It took me a while to figure out..he was driving around all the manhole covers! That's some badass rugged SUV you got there, buddy, if you're afraid to drive over a manhole cover!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Sorry to hear that, man. What kind of a weirdo buys an SUV from Lexus anyway? I was behind one for a couple of miles on my commute this morning and every once in a while he would jerk sharply right or left at what seemed like random intervals. It took me a while to figure out..he was driving around all the manhole covers! That's some badass rugged SUV you got there, buddy, if you're afraid to drive over a manhole cover!

Lat trip toFlorida to play golf looks like the Lexus SUV is the Official state car of Florida for retirees :-)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

that sucks drrick! even though insurance will cover it, it is still a pain. I saw somebody get front ended by an SUV (the SUV backed into him) at the car wash the other day. best of luck.

Bruce
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
That's one of my driving pet peaves....what they don't realize is that the driver next to them see's this as a sudden potential swerve into their lane and I've seen accidents caused by this.
It's up there with people who hog the left lane on the highway doing 60 mph or below and those that have their little f***in dogs on their laps while driving!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear that Doc - I hope everything works out for you - best of luck.

Originally Posted by Crucible35
It's up there with people who hog the left lane on the highway doing 60 mph or below and those that have their little f***in dogs on their laps while driving!
If you think it's bad out east, you'd go apoplectic living out here. Vancouver's bad, but Washington state's even worse
Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks guys! I can still drive it while they figure out all the coverage. Apparently the Lexus was just a week old and father hadn't changed his son's coverage from the previous car - a 2002 A4! I can't imagine someone going from an A4 to a Lexus SUV! Is that weird or what?

Last edited by drrick89; 01-04-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, small world - big car!

Quick Reply: Got rear-ended by a Lexus SUV yesterday...