S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Group buy for RS4-style grille for B8.5 A4 & S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Group buy for RS4-style grille for B8.5 A4 & S4

A lot of people have been waiting for an RS4-style grille for the B8.5 facelift cars, and it now appears that one is available from the same manufacturer that created one for the B8 cars: http://www.jcsportline.net/en/product-detail-4064.html

Together with Massdrop, we were able to get the price of the B8 grille from over $400 to $200, so let's see if we can do it again with the B8.5 version. If you are interested, please visit Massdrop and vote for this group purchase here: http://www.massdrop.com/vote/audi-b85-rs4style-grille

Voting does not constitute a commitment or obligation to buy.

Massdrop is already looking into a group buy and has contacted the manufacturer:
Hey Guys,

We just made a call to JC Sportline, and they are down to party!

Stay tuned. Hopefully we can get the group buy started in the coming days!
Currently, the only version available is the chrome surround, but as with the B8 grille, it may be possible to commission a run of grilles with black or satin silver surrounds:

What we know right now:
- So far only the chrome surround is available. But if we get enough people, we can potentially commission a special production run for other colors (black surround / silver surround). We have done this in the past for the B8 RS4 grill.
- International shipping will be available. Just let us know the country, and we will ship it there.
- In case of product defect upon arrival, we will be able to handle it directly.
Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with any site, but I did create the poll on Massdrop.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update from Massdrop:

Hey guys, we are currently working out the final numbers as well as fulfillment logistics with JC Sportline for this group buy. We are getting pretty good pricing on these grill, and I am sure it will make a lot of people here very happy

And to make the deal even better, since this product became available less than 2 weeks ago, we will be among one of the first place anywhere to offer Audi B8.5 RS4 grill for sale, if not actually the very first!

We are aiming to launch the group buy tomorrow, so stay tuned and spread the news!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

The group buy is now active on Massdrop: http://www.massdrop.com/buy/Audi-A4-Grill
Old 05-27-2013, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

3 days remaining in the group buy.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Last bump: 15 hours left.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the picture of the grill(on the Massdrop site) on the blue Audi is the Chrome or silver one?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Don't know whether I was too late but I voted too
Old 06-01-2013, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Aaaaah damn, I missed it!!! What was the group buy price? Will there be another group buy?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by QinetiQ
Aaaaah damn, I missed it!!! What was the group buy price? Will there be another group buy?
Too much for my tastes. I don't remember the exact price. $100 shipping though. FWIW, ECS posted on AZ that they plan to start selling it.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Guys, how about the front parking sensors? I'm not too certain, I need to go check, but I think that two of the sensors on my A4 B8.5 are located within the grille. Is there a place to attach those on that grille?

Quick Reply: Group buy for RS4-style grille for B8.5 A4 & S4