S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

guys i need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see a raised S4!

Would backing in help? or is that feasible?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

cant move out, just moved in! either i raise all hell with the management or buildings dept, or i just dont use the garage! i scraped the bottom trying it once and im scared to try it again. I just dont know what to do! its not a cheap condo complex, over 300k for a one bedroom. I really dont know what to do!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Talk to management and HOA and tell them that people bottoming out is hurting property values (if I came to look at a condo and bottomed out on the way in I'd turn around and leave, so it's true). Get one of them to spring for the curb bridge. Very worst case see if they will let you install it if you buy it.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Talk to management and HOA and tell them that people bottoming out is hurting property values (if I came to look at a condo and bottomed out on the way in I'd turn around and leave, so it's true). Get one of them to spring for the curb bridge. Very worst case see if they will let you install it if you buy it.
is that thing going to help though on a driveway that has a steep DECLINE?? i was also thinking...could i install maybe a piece of sheetmetal under the car so that bottoms out? or maybe put something soft on the pavement everytime i pull out so the paint wont scrap against the sidewalk? just ideas..any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Raise the floor in your garage with some wood "ramps". If you were able to get it in you probably only need a 2x8 or 2x10 on each side, stack another peice in the middle where you need it if that is not high enough. Start the ramps about 2 feet after the entrance of the garage and end just short of your front wheels (in final parking spot). Bevel the ends a bit so it's easier to roll up them. You will want to anchor them down to the floor somehow. I'd probably used concrete screws and adhesive. If you aren't that handy I'm sure you can find someone that will do it for very cheap. Probably take less than an hour.

you could talk to management and see if they have any other ideas... or if they are willing to do the work for you. If your car bottoms out it's likely that you are not the first one to have this problem.

Good luck!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

A buddy of mine has a CURB for an entrance to his driveway its unbelievable because its a CURB followed by a steep uphill at the same time. The S4 has no problem going over it without scrapping or anything I just cant imagine what you are facing that will make your car scrap like that.

My suggestions.

Drive reallllly slow when you are going down, I have a good feeling you are taking it down to fast. My friend when he had his 335xi had it lowered and was able to get in our other friends condo parking lot just fine..
Old 05-02-2010, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

woops, just read that you are going down into driveway. You'd have to raise the driveway portion instead of the garage portion. Same idea though just not so esthetically appealing when it's outside.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lax854
well let me explain alil bit more. Its a condo driveway so i cant exactly do whatever i want to fix the problem. And the problem is that the curb entrance isnt the problem, the driveway goes into a deep slope and thats where my cars bottoms out. If i get teh car down there, then its going to bottom out when i get it out. I plan to talk to the condo board but i dont know what can be done about this. Basically the building is located above the garage causing this slope in the driveway. Can i raise the car in anyway???
Air shocks! Don't believe that it is reasonable to do it on an S4. Probably can't be done due to suspension design. But really, if you can lower the car, there should be a way to raise it IF you are willng to accept the poor esthetics of such a mod.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You could buy my Allroad, it would be no problem getting in there, guaranteed.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can you post a picture?

Quick Reply: guys i need help!