S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

guys i need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will post a picture of it this week. I tried with my buddies and this thing is impossible to get in without scraping! a honda accord even scrapes against the pavement . I dont know if this is fair or not, should i raise all hell with management over this issue or just not use the garage?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lax854
i will post a picture of it this week. I tried with my buddies and this thing is impossible to get in without scraping! a honda accord even scrapes against the pavement . I dont know if this is fair or not, should i raise all hell with management over this issue or just not use the garage?
You should absolutely raise hell with the HOA. You are paying for the garage (either because you actually bought a spot or through your HOA fees) and if a normal family sedan can't get in and out without rubbing then you will likely have lots of support from your building. The type of people who pay $300k+ for a one bedroom condo probably have nice cars and don't want to mess them up every time they use the garage (and would never want to street park them).
Old 05-02-2010, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I know exactly what the OP is talking about, since I experienced the same thing on my old Audi. Here's what might work: Audis have a thick heavy duty aluminum bracket mounted with 4 bolts underneath the car. It is there for protection and most likely that's what's scraping the concrete. Scraping it won't damage the car, it will only scratch the aluminum bracket, but I just took mine off and no more scraping. You'd need to get your car on a lift to take it off though.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks everyone for the advice. the link i sent shows a picture of the front of the place and you can kind of see the slope im dealing with to go down the garage. Im going to call the management company up tomorrow and see how far im going to need to take this. I really dont know if anything can be done to level this driveway out because it is a relatively short driveway.

http://mlsli.com/unidetailsredo_test...start=1&rpp=10
Old 05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

An error has occurred while attempting to process your request.
Please go back and try again

Link no worky
Old 05-02-2010, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was just poking around to see if others had a solution to this and someone over in the M3 forum just put down some of the green artificual turf in his driveway. You'd still hit but wouldn't really scrape and shouldn't do any damage as long as you go slow enough. You might have to replace the turf now and then but that sounds like a pretty inexpensive and quick solution (and also something that the HOA should fund from reserves).
Old 05-02-2010, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
An error has occurred while attempting to process your request.
Please go back and try again

Link no worky
F5
Old 05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://mlsli.com/unidetailsredo_test...start=1&rpp=10

matt i saw that post on the site, it would be a pain in the butt to do constantly but im thinking about trying it out. Im def going to call the management about this, i dont see how you can build a driveway the causes property damage to even regular unmodified sedans. Even to a honda accord! so its not bc my car is particularly low to the ground!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

heres the pic...now before anyone saids it dont look too bad! im telling you, i already scratched my pain off the bottom bumper. Tried backing it in and it was going to hit again. I had a guy who has a corvette (so he knows my pain) come with me and we both came to the conclusion its gonna hit no matter what
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Can you post more of a pic of the actual driveway entrance rather than the house itself?

Quick Reply: guys i need help!