S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Has This Happened to Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has This Happened to Anyone?

So I ordered my S4 about 3 months ago with deposit etc. I called the dealership for a status report and about a week later (today) I get this situation. The dealer said Audi never pulled some ticket order on the car so the car with my specs was never assigned a VIN #. The dealer is now pinning it on Audi saying they never took the order off for production which means I will not have the car by the end of the month unless they can find the S4 with my options at another dealership. What annoyed me was that he then said they have an S4 coming in with all my options except two (different exterior color and different silk nappa colors) and would i want that instead. Call me skeptical but is it possible that they never put the order in? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I just don't see how Audi could not get the order if it was done properly as I assume it's all computer generated. I just hope the dealer didn't sell my car to someone else he was willing to pay more than I did since I negotiated a rock bottom price. This is so annoying.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Probably the latter. He sold it to someone else willing to pay msrp. I would go find another dealer.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also call audi of na and tell them what happened.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sf_loft
Probably the latter. He sold it to someone else willing to pay msrp. I would go find another dealer.
Yea sounds likely, do you have the allocation # for the build you were given? If they gave you an allocation #, it's tied to the VIN when produced and can prove if it was or was not produced - if it wasn't produced, it's Audi's fault, if it WAS produced they can see where it went and who bought it. If it came in to that dealer and they sold it they are in big trouble.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would call Audi of NA to FIND OUT what actually happenned. Next, I would want them to locate a similar car anywhere in the US or incoming stock that had the closest specs with color and interiot to what I had ordered and have them pay to transport it. I would not settle for a car just because THEY were getting one in that was sort of close. To me, the color combo would be very important. Check out new cars on Autotrader.com, I bet you will have over 500 to chose from .
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the advice. I will call audi right now. I never got a allocation #. Should the dealer have that? The dealership told me Audi never ever took the ticket to even begin the process.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vietle
Thanks for all the advice. I will call audi right now. I never got a allocation #. Should the dealer have that? The dealership told me Audi never ever took the ticket to even begin the process.
Once Audi takes the order (or ticket as they call it) it's placed in a build queue, and given an allocation number. That number is put in line to await a build date. Once your number moves to the front of the queue and the build process is started, a VIN number is assigned to the car being built, and the allocation number is replaced with the VIN.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go into the dealership and ask to see the screen on their computer with order commission number, order date and timeline, etc. If they won't show you that, then find a different dealer and call AoA.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
I would go into the dealership and ask to see the screen on their computer with order commission number, order date and timeline, etc. If they won't show you that, then find a different dealer and call AoA.
great idea. i'm heading there now. will keep this thread updated. thank you everyone
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Update

So I was able to contact Audi North America and they were very active in dealing with the dealership and communicated very quickly. The dealership did put in the order 3 months ago verified with the allocation ticket number but somehow something happened that the car was never built or assigned a vin#.

We are now getting another S4 with everything we wanted except the 19" (this one comes with 18's) wheel and the two-tone interior (it is now all black but still silk nappa. This specific S4 was supposed to go to another dealership but Audi stepped in and directed that vehicle to my dealership so no miles would be put on it and no dealer trade was needed. The car should be here by next week.

They tossed in the Audi Care Package and will give me a voucher to have my wheels mounted and balanced free of charge since I didn't get the wheels I want. At least now I can put winter tires on free of charge for one season and I will now get to put on my own custom wheels. I glad it all worked out. Even though I am not getting what I exactly wanted, it's close enough but what was impressive was that Audi did most of the talking for me with the dealership and this all got resolved in 24hrs.

Again I'd like to thank everyone that gave input.

Quick Reply: Has This Happened to Anyone?