S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Help me fix this please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me fix this please!!!

HI everyone,

I just received my new 2012 Audi (no navigation but B&O system). Every single time I turn the car on, the music turns on by itself to deafening levels and scares the heck out of me. With every other car I have owned, the only way this happens is if I leave the music on when I turn the car off. In this case, though, even if my music is powered off when I turn the car off, the same thing happens when I turn the car on. Can someone please guide me through the settings so that the music does not turn on automatically when I turn on my car? It is crazy.

On a different note, is there any way to turn off the annoying and constant nag/sound the car makes when it is turned on, the lights are turned on too, and the door is opened? That is absolutely unnecessary. Otherwise, what an awesome machine.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the open door alarm can be disabled even with a VAGCOM cable when the ignition is on (engine running or not) or when the lights are on. I agree it is pretty annoying but it is there to keep you from leaving things on and returning to a dead battery later. If you leave the door open long enough it stops.

I wish I had an answer for you on the radio or music source starting at really high volume. Search the forums in the meantime and hopefully someone can help soon.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I got my car I went nuts trying to open the trunk using the trunk release switch above the license plate. The key fob worked, the door switch worked, couldn't get the trunk switch to work. Searched the manual, went through every MMI screen to no avail.

So I did what I should have done in the first place. Call the dealer... Brought it into service, they adjusted the settings somewhere deep in the MMI and the trunk switch now works.

Sometimes it easier to take advantage of the people who are trained to give you great customer service vs drive yourself nuts.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to turn the volume down, no way to have the volume level maintain the same level.
VCDS Mod for the buzzer has been found.

These really need to go into the FAQ thread.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ichy076
HI everyone,

I just received my new 2012 Audi (no navigation but B&O system). Every single time I turn the car on, the music turns on by itself to deafening levels and scares the heck out of me. With every other car I have owned, the only way this happens is if I leave the music on when I turn the car off. In this case, though, even if my music is powered off when I turn the car off, the same thing happens when I turn the car on. Can someone please guide me through the settings so that the music does not turn on automatically when I turn on my car? It is crazy.

On a different note, is there any way to turn off the annoying and constant nag/sound the car makes when it is turned on, the lights are turned on too, and the door is opened? That is absolutely unnecessary. Otherwise, what an awesome machine.
Are you actually turning the radio off, or just muting it? Push the volume **** and hold it for a couple seconds to turn it off. If I do that, it will remain off when I restart the car. But if I just mute it by pushing the volume quickly, then it will start playing again when I restart the car.

I wish there was some way to set the startup volume. My old B5 had that, I can't believe this one doesn't.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by taylormatt
Are you actually turning the radio off, or just muting it? Push the volume **** and hold it for a couple seconds to turn it off. If I do that, it will remain off when I restart the car. But if I just mute it by pushing the volume quickly, then it will start playing again when I restart the car.

I wish there was some way to set the startup volume. My old B5 had that, I can't believe this one doesn't.
Good point. I'll try tomorrow and see. I was just pressing it quickly, rather than holding it down. I didn't realize there's a "mute."
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Something sounds wrong

I have the NAV but don't know if that would change anything. I think I read in the manual that the stereo will actually start quieter if the car was turned off with it very loud. But I have had no problem with the stereo starting too loud. Sounds like yours might have a problem you need to show the dealer to fix.

But the guy who pointed out that pushing the volume **** is mute is right. Push and hold the volume **** to turn the stereo off. It took me reading a forum post to figure that one out.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

This happened to me once. I reported it to AoA, along with two other MMI problems. AoA has now put in a call to my dealer's service manager to troubleshoot my MMI.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

re your second question, after you open the door, push up on the bottom button on the right side of the steering wheel stalk. This will mute the light alarm.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyro451
This happened to me once. I reported it to AoA, along with two other MMI problems. AoA has now put in a call to my dealer's service manager to troubleshoot my MMI.
Why didn't you just bring it in for service?

Quick Reply: Help me fix this please!!!