S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Help.... Possible first lemon B8 S4 on my hands

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Well, car is in the shop now. This would be 3rd time for clutch related purposes... Once more and I will lemon the car. I wonder if I can get DSG at same cost due to my hassles and problems with this car? Honestly though I would rather just have it fixed correctly this time around and not have to lemon it since I do love this car but if lemoned I will get Sports Diff and DSG... Scared of the manual issues now...

Or Ill try to get my money back and get IS-F, C63, or 335iS/M3
Don't get the IS-F. I test drove the white one by bayridge lexus. I feel like it's a inferior car to the s4. Car is very very harsh and i didn't feel the power until it's already going fast. Probably a better car for the tracks than Ny
Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lemon laws aren't as black and white as one might think, and is a situation where you would probably need to consult a lawyer to see if you meet the criteria. From the letter of the law, I'd say that you currently do not fall under the criteria to be considered a lemon. As of right now, the problems are somewhat related but not the *same*.

This is the NY law - http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_law.html

Does The Law Specify The Number Of Required Repair Attempts?

It is presumed that there have been a reasonable number of attempts to repair a problem if, during the first 18,000 miles of operation or two years from the original delivery date, whichever comes first, either: (1) the same problem has been subject to repair four or more times and the problem continues to exist; or (2) the car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days and the problem continues to exist.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well my SA told me generally Audi tries their best to not have lemon associated with the car so they try to just replace the vehicle. I wonder if I can get DSG though and not pay anything more just keep my exact payments monthly.. I honestly would rather the car be fixed correctly this time around and just love my car. but one more time and I may have to get vehicle replacement...
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Well my SA told me generally Audi tries their best to not have lemon associated with the car so they try to just replace the vehicle. I wonder if I can get DSG though and not pay anything more just keep my exact payments monthly.. I honestly would rather the car be fixed correctly this time around and just love my car. but one more time and I may have to get vehicle replacement...
Compared to other car makers AoA really seems to care about their customer. I'm sure AoA will get you into a new S4 with the options you want. Good luck man.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by futureB8S4
Compared to other car makers AoA really seems to care about their customer. I'm sure AoA will get you into a new S4 with the options you want. Good luck man.
Their customer service is passable at best.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Their customer service is passable at best.
I beg to differ. Compared to the other German makes and even Lexus, AoA really seems to have stepped it up a notch in recent years.