S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Help! WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! WTF?

My car has 710 miles on it and today Im driving around and everytime I depress the clutch it makes a clicking noise. the tension sometimes feel like when i pushing the clutch down its engaging rough on first and second I can make it smooth but very slowly releasing the clutch. Not like a set friction point. Almost like the friction point moves. When the car is off I push the clutch down and the slower I push it down the louder the click is. I thought that the pedal itself was loose but the faster I push the pedal down it doesnt click. DOes anyone else have this clicking of the clutch? Im hoping this is normal but I dont think it is. It feels like my Maxima when I put a stage 2 clutch in and sat in traffic for 2 hrs. almos like resistance to the clutch with clicking I dont know how to describe it clearly but on a car with 710 MILES?! I hope this isnt a huge problem I dont want my car to already be taken apart.

Sorry for the crazy repetetive rant. Just dont know how to explain it and Im a little upset. first brand new car.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

There's a TSB out for some clutch issues which I had performed (2022990/1) since mine was having some chatter/similar issues you are experiencing. They replaced the ball bearing, guide sleeve, and all the clutch release parts. Though I didn't start noticing issues until about 8500 miles.

Recently, while my clutch feels great, it has been making the clicking sound like the pedal is loose. I haven't checked it out yet in detail but it's not very annoying and im taking it in for my 15k service soon so I'll have them look at it then.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks i took the TSB # down is there any way to print it up online?
Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
thanks i took the TSB # down is there any way to print it up online?
No need to print it out. This TSB is very well known in every dealership.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FINA4
No need to print it out. This TSB is very well known in every dealership.
Trying to figure out if this is normal, or if I am seeing the same or a different issue.

I've taken a video of depressing my clutch pedal in nuetral and reverse/first gear.

The dealership said that this is a normal sound for a clutch pedal in Audi vehicles, but I can't imagine that's true. Without very loud music on I can here the clicking constantly. Sometimes worse than others, but man it is annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOnlvY8qimE
Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Should not click like that.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine does not do that. Go to a different dealer. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by enloew
Trying to figure out if this is normal, or if I am seeing the same or a different issue.

I've taken a video of depressing my clutch pedal in nuetral and reverse/first gear.

The dealership said that this is a normal sound for a clutch pedal in Audi vehicles, but I can't imagine that's true. Without very loud music on I can here the clicking constantly. Sometimes worse than others, but man it is annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOnlvY8qimE
This is what I had. Shop foreman told me its not normal. That clicking actually caused them to replace come parts but the pressure plate was semi warped after driving with the clicking so new clutch going in tommorow. Go to a better dealer. thats is NOT normal.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zillmc
There's a TSB out for some clutch issues which I had performed (2022990/1) since mine was having some chatter/similar issues you are experiencing. They replaced the ball bearing, guide sleeve, and all the clutch release parts. Though I didn't start noticing issues until about 8500 miles.

Recently, while my clutch feels great, it has been making the clicking sound like the pedal is loose. I haven't checked it out yet in detail but it's not very annoying and im taking it in for my 15k service soon so I'll have them look at it then.
Did you ever get this fixed? what was the issue?
Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enloew

I noticed this slightly the other day. I've only got 510 miles and there is a very slight click when depressing and pressing the clutch. Not as loud as your's yet and I presume that it will only get worse over time?

Quick Reply: Help! WTF?