S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?

Hi all. I just joined the Audi community this week and wanted to say hi for the most part, but I'll go ahead and put in a generic question.

I managed to get myself an Ibis White 2013 S4 Prestige. (Will post pics this weekend.)

What do you all recommend I get done to it? It's an S4 Prestige in Ibis White. I went ahead and got the 19" tires, upgraded black seats, sports differential, carbon fiber inlays, etc, so its loaded minus the drive select option.

I was considering getting it tinted, adding silicon window wipers, but I am having trouble thinking of anything else since the car is already so amazing on its own.

The salesmen said he would show me how to alter a few things after I have had fun with it for a few weeks, but he was probably full of it.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Drive and enjoy.

Nothing more yet.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Normally we might suggest an exhaust system. But the 2013s have a sound enhancing device that plays trough a speaker on the firewall that makes the exhaust sound better TO THE DRIVER. Doesn't actually make the exhaust any louder or better sounding outside the car.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Get it tinted. I got 35% FormulaOne Pinnacle ceramic. Looks like this:

Also I'd recommend a clearbra (get Xpel Ultimate) on the front bumper and rear bumper area near the trunk opening, so rocks and clumsy people with suitcases don't destroy your paint

also there's primetime's shifter paddles (search for the threads), I got a set but haven't gotten a chance to test them out yet on the 2013 as I'm traveling at the moment. but they look nice and primetime is a good guy to work with, if anything is a problem he'll take care of it

other than that, drive it and enjoy. Unless you plan on racing, I'd stay away from any serious ECU/Engine mods until you hit 40k miles so you don't risk voiding your warranty off the bat.

Last edited by waffles; 06-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Normally we might suggest an exhaust system. But the 2013s have a sound enhancing device that plays trough a speaker on the firewall that makes the exhaust sound better TO THE DRIVER. Doesn't actually make the exhaust any louder or better sounding outside the car.
lol I heard saw/heard about that. That is tricky. I think I heard that a few of the BMWs have that "feature" too.

@waffles
That tint looks nice. My girlfriend's neighbor has an S4 that looks like yours. It is part of the reason I even started looking at Audi. That is such a nice color.

I am in VA so I can't get 35% on the driver side door, it has to be 50, which sucks, but besides that and the front, the rest of the windows can be 35. I wonder if it would look awkward having two different tint amounts so close together? I'll definitely be looking at the clearbra right away for sure.

Thanks for the tips and advice guys. I hope to be active on here.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waffles
Get it tinted. I got 35% FormulaOne Pinnacle ceramic. Looks like this:

Also I'd recommend a clearbra (get Xpel Ultimate) on the front bumper and rear bumper area near the trunk opening, so rocks and clumsy people with suitcases don't destroy your paint

also there's primetime's shifter paddles (search for the threads), I got a set but haven't gotten a chance to test them out yet on the 2013 as I'm traveling at the moment. but they look nice and primetime is a good guy to work with, if anything is a problem he'll take care of it

other than that, drive it and enjoy. Unless you plan on racing, I'd stay away from any serious ECU/Engine mods until you hit 40k miles so you don't risk voiding your warranty off the bat.
+1 on the clear bra if you do a lot of highway driving or plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years....

But I have to ask about the tint. I've heard numerous times about tinting windows voiding the electrical warranty on the windows/doors because of the fact that you have to remove the door panels to install it. Why is this removal necessary?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
+1 on the clear bra if you do a lot of highway driving or plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years....

But I have to ask about the tint. I've heard numerous times about tinting windows voiding the electrical warranty on the windows/doors because of the fact that you have to remove the door panels to install it. Why is this removal necessary?
Hmm.. I would love to know that answer too. I know when I called the dealership to ask about tinting services before buying the car, a woman picked up the phone and said that they didn't do it and that they didn't recommend it. When I asked why, all she had to say was "I don't know. They told me to say that when asked."

I found a good clearbra installer in the area so I guess I will be scheduling an appointment in the next week or so. I'll try to do before/after pictures. They use a computer/plotter to do it so I should be in good hands. I imagine that the faint clearbra lines will be harder to see on my car since it is white... unless dirt gets on the edges of those lines.

Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Make sure to get Xpel ultimate film. The actual 3m clear bra has issues with yellowing being visible on white cars.

I have no idea what the warranty issue is with tinting. My guy didn't have to remove door panels. Just make sure they've done A4/S4s before and know about the trunk amp issue.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by waffles
Make sure to get Xpel ultimate film. The actual 3m clear bra has issues with yellowing being visible on white cars.

I have no idea what the warranty issue is with tinting. My guy didn't have to remove door panels. Just make sure they've done A4/S4s before and know about the trunk amp issue.
Ah crap. I was going to get VentureShield on it. I'll check to see if they use Xpel tomorrow. Does the self-healing that the "ultimate" version of the Xpel film work? This stuff sounds similar to a lot of the clear casing available for phones (like Ghost Armor, etc.)

Thanks mate.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Naota
Ah crap. I was going to get VentureShield on it. I'll check to see if they use Xpel tomorrow. Does the self-healing that the "ultimate" version of the Xpel film work? This stuff sounds similar to a lot of the clear casing available for phones (like Ghost Armor, etc.)

Thanks mate.
*Update*
Okay cool video.

Doubt it'll heal if it gets scratched by the big stuff but every bit helps for sure.

Sorry... not sure where the "edit post" option is.

Quick Reply: Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?