S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waffles
I have no idea what the warranty issue is with tinting. My guy didn't have to remove door panels. Just make sure they've done A4/S4s before and know about the trunk amp issue.
+1 They should not have to remove the door panels to install tint. Make sure they stuff towels around the amp in the trunk (driver's side panel).
Old 06-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

any recomendations for clear bra installers in the nyc area? NJ?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Naota, congrats on the new car. The tint shop that did my Ibis (at 35%) did not have to remove door panels. This is the first I've heard of a possible electrical warranty voiding issue. It sounds absurd but warranties are part of the auto business and manufacturers don't want to pay for issues that may have been caused by the owners. As for other recommendations, you may want to consider:

1) Intercooler/radiator screen protection...not sure if the 2013 is any different but here's some info:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2784308

I just did this finally but haven't updated the thread above, though I did post some info at audizine.

2) Vagcom cable...with this cable, you can scan for errors and also change a bunch of settings such as interior/exterior lighting, etc. Lots of info on the forums on this. Here are a couple quick links:
www.ross-tech.com (maker of the cable/software, $350 or so)
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-complete-list (lots of reading here)

3) oil dipstick...I assume the 2013 doesn't provide one, same as the older B8s. You can pick one up here or another source:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-.../Oil_Dipstick/ (out of stock here at the moment)

4) read up on soft break-in versus hard break-in for the engine. Some advocate the hard break-in method to get a good seal and prevent oil consumption. Maybe someone has a link handy for you on this.

Enjoy the car!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zulujams
3) oil dipstick...I assume the 2013 doesn't provide one, same as the older B8s. You can pick one up here or another source:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-.../Oil_Dipstick/ (out of stock here at the moment)
I was able to go to my local dealer and have the meet the price for the dip stick and the R8 oil cap, they will arrive by Tuesday of next week and I will post the pics. In the event you dont want to wait until Aug to receive the item from ECS or USP Motorsport
Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sendmeone
I was able to go to my local dealer and have the meet the price for the dip stick and the R8 oil cap, they will arrive by Tuesday of next week and I will post the pics. In the event you dont want to wait until Aug to receive the item from ECS or USP Motorsport
Sorry to change subject right quick, anything special about the R8 oil cap?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
Sorry to change subject right quick, anything special about the R8 oil cap?
It adds at least 10HP.

Okay, people just install it for looks.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
It adds at least 10HP.

LOL! It is really nice looking. I can't justify a $45 oil cap just yet, but then again I hope to be showing off a new Roc-Euro intake in the near future. Great gift for others to get for us for birthdays, holidays (too late for Father's Day for you Dads)...
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

It adds at least 10HP.

LMAO!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It adds at least 10HP.
haha.
----

Thanks for those links zulujams. I am going to mesh it asap. Between that and a clear bra I hope to be protected enough.

----
As for the clear bra, is it obvious when it gets scratched, dinged, torn etc? I'll take the advice and go with Xpel ultimate when I get a chance to get it.

This info has been really helpful.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wash and Wax

I like the idea of getting a clear bra to protect the vehicle, but can you still wash and wax your car in the typical fashion? I have a dual action porter cable buffer. It is designed not to burn a paint job. Can I still use this once I have the clear bra? I suspect I would use painter's tape near the lip of the bra as I would normally do on any lip?

Quick Reply: Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?