S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evlengr
I like the idea of getting a clear bra to protect the vehicle, but can you still wash and wax your car in the typical fashion? I have a dual action porter cable buffer. It is designed not to burn a paint job. Can I still use this once I have the clear bra? I suspect I would use painter's tape near the lip of the bra as I would normally do on any lip?
You'd have to check the manufacturers specific recommendations for the film you get put on, but most of the top end films I've looked at say waxing is okay and even go so far as to recommend it. Obviously you don't want to use any sort of abrasive polish on it. Plexus is also a big no-no as it will yellow the film.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 AM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

trade it on an S8?
Old 06-23-2012, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by L0U
trade it on an S8?
Is that your plan?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
You'd have to check the manufacturers specific recommendations for the film you get put on, but most of the top end films I've looked at say waxing is okay and even go so far as to recommend it. Obviously you don't want to use any sort of abrasive polish on it. Plexus is also a big no-no as it will yellow the film.
not familiar with plexus so I guess that wont be a problem, but thank you as my luck would have it someone would give it to me and whoosh there goes the laminate.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go figure, the first few days I drive the WHITE car, they start repaving everywhere. lol. I need to get a clearbra fast.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Naota
Go figure, the first few days I drive the WHITE car, they start repaving everywhere. lol. I need to get a clearbra fast.
I'm going to drive surface streets very carefully from the dealer to my house avoiding all freeways, detail my car, and then take it straight to the clear bra installer. I don't think I will go quite so crazy as to cover the front of the car with blue painter's tape while driving it home or to get the bra though.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pic of the car btw.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ugh. Okay here we go.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Beautiful car and color...congrats enjoy in good health. You have any plans for the near future? Mods?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
I'm going to drive surface streets very carefully from the dealer to my house avoiding all freeways, detail my car, and then take it straight to the clear bra installer. I don't think I will go quite so crazy as to cover the front of the car with blue painter's tape while driving it home or to get the bra though.
Think you misunderstood about blue painter's tape. This is a trick used to avoid getting the white dried out buffing glaze when detailing.

I was thinking to use this on the edge of the clear bra to avoid wax build up on the edge and tearing or loosening it up.

Quick Reply: Hi Audworld! Picked up 2013 S4 - Now what?