S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Hit and run!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. In my younger years I would have flipped out, punched the car, broken more parts and my hand and gotten into a fight with the girl plus still have a messed up car. Didn't solve anything so its not worth it. Im looking forward to it getting fixed and getting it back. The Voice recognition in the G37 sucks ***, no navi and the XM isnt hooked up. The Only F_cking clock is broken(2600 miles o the car btw) and its a AUTO!!! Oh well.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to hear about the car!
Looks like you joined the club: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2826465
Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Were any of the BMW parts left behind big enough to have the VIN stamped on them? DOT requires VIN stamped on certain parts. If so might be a way to find the culprit.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dont know if vin was stamped on it but ill have to take a look at it. I didnt know that.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Geico should reduce your deductible with police report. My X3 was hit in a garage and submitted police report got my deductible in half...$250.00
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
Geico should reduce your deductible with police report. My X3 was hit in a garage and submitted police report got my deductible in half...$250.00
Wow!! Thanks....Once I have the report I'll try that and let you guys know if it works
Old 05-13-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not to stir the pot, but have you considered asking them (GEICO) for compensation for diminished value? They're not going to offer it up - you will likely have to fight for it.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Talbot
Not to stir the pot, but have you considered asking them (GEICO) for compensation for diminished value? They're not going to offer it up - you will likely have to fight for it.
The only time I got DVR, is when I was hit by another and they were footing the bill. You can pressure them by saying your going to seek compenstation in other areas if they dont work with you on it. Trying it with your own insurance company is the equivalent of punching a wall because your mad at a leaky faucet, etc... In the end run you end up paying for both.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
The only time I got DVR, is when I was hit by another and they were footing the bill. You can pressure them by saying your going to seek compenstation in other areas if they dont work with you on it. Trying it with your own insurance company is the equivalent of punching a wall because your mad at a leaky faucet, etc... In the end run you end up paying for both.
Yeah Im gonna talk about it when its all done but since its my company thats paying for it ill be happy if I don't get surcharged. They said I wont but we will see what happens when its time to renew in 6 months. My current job participates in NJ Manufacturers so Im gonna cal them up once its all said and done and see if I cant save money that way. I SHOULDN'T get surcharged but that doesn't mean they wont try it.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mkato13
I SHOULDN'T get surcharged but that doesn't mean they wont try it.
Well, SOMEBODY's gotta pay for all of those damned commercials they run...

Quick Reply: Hit and run!!