S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Holy Crap, any of you ppl getting your cars getting the Ti Pkg?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard the same thing from my dealer when I was talking about ordering a car with the titanium package (this was just a week ago). The delay, the salesman said, was the wheels.

Thankfully I was able to find the exact car I wanted in stock at a dealer that was only 100 miles away. So I hit the road immediately and picked up the car.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude... stick with the Ti package! That's going to look awesome on your white S4! I too am waiting on my S4... Not sure that the Ti package is why, but I am being told Sept/Oct and I ordered mine (thru Military AutoSource) back in Feb! Trying to be patient! Though, that's not one of my strongest skillsets!

Mike
Old 08-05-2011, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Last I heard from local dealer (couple weeks back) Glacier White is also delayed.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On May 18th I ordered an 2012 Phantom Black A5 S-Line (which includes the Ti pkg.) and was told delivery would be in August. I found out about 3 weeks ago that my build date was delayed until the end of Nov. due to the lack of availability of the Ti wheels. They said the delivery may be earlier but could also be later.

Anyway, after no luck in finding an A5 with the options I wanted from dealer stock, I decided to look st the S4 as an alternative. The dealer found me the S4 in my signature below. I took delivery 1 week ago today.

I slightly prefer the styling of the A5 over the S4, but the S4 makes up for it in many other ways.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alex'S4
I ordered my car 6/27 with Ti pkg and it is scheduled to be on a boat headed over on the 13th.. But when I ordered my dealer did warn of possible delay, glad that didn't happen
mine will be on the same boat as yours! Order end of June, no TI package tho.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MrClean07
On May 18th I ordered an 2012 Phantom Black A5 S-Line (which includes the Ti pkg.) and was told delivery would be in August. I found out about 3 weeks ago that my build date was delayed until the end of Nov. due to the lack of availability of the Ti wheels. They said the delivery may be earlier but could also be later.

Anyway, after no luck in finding an A5 with the options I wanted from dealer stock, I decided to look st the S4 as an alternative. The dealer found me the S4 in my signature below. I took delivery 1 week ago today.

I slightly prefer the styling of the A5 over the S4, but the S4 makes up for it in many other ways.
A5 to S4 no comparison. S4 is a completely different car..it's like apples to oranges. I had some douche in an A5 the other day ride up on my tail and I left him in the dust *GONE*
Old 08-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default def in a different boat

This is weird i am reading things that are on the opposite end of the scale. I ordered my car July 1st and talked to my dealer yesterday after haering about all these delays, he looked in the computer and said that it was wierd but my car never got a build date, I have the paper work that shows it preorders and sold, and now he says they skipped build date and it went straight to "dealer lot expectation date" not sure what happened but he says it should be here 9/12...i ordered monsoon with prestige, sport diff, Titanium package, leather, and power shades the only thing i did not get is audi select drive....does anyone have any more info
Old 08-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
mine will be on the same boat as yours! Order end of June, no TI package tho.
Awesome! They will be fresh immigrants together lol
Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Regardless of the dealy, I won't change the order. Ti and Glacier it is (because Imola is no longer available). I'll just have to wait.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, not sure what to think about this...

Originally Posted by windyctyaudi
ordered mine july 2nd with ti package, called dealer yesterday. told me my car was already done
Its the same thing with some of the Ti counter parts, wheels in particular. When I ordered my rear wheels I got the "intergalactic backorder" statement from my parts guy(friend of mine) and that there were "none even in the country" according to the order system. Yet, when I ordered them, they arrived in 5 days along with maybe 3 other Ti wheels for another customer order.

Now getting a a-pillar cover has been a different situation, same backorder story and that one seems to be true. I've been waiting on a passenger replacement cover for two mos now, supposed to be in next week - we'll see.

Quick Reply: Holy Crap, any of you ppl getting your cars getting the Ti Pkg?