S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Horrible Experience with My New S4 - Blind Spot Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible Experience with My New S4 - Blind Spot Indicator

I mentioned picking up my fully loaded 2010 S4 on 01/01/11 in a previous post. I also noted that the car was having some problems, so here's the story:

On the last day of January, I had an AWE exhaust installed. On that very night, I noticed that the driver side blind spot indicator was lighting up as if a car was there when no car was present. I assumed the exhaust tips might have been interfering with the system since they stuck out a little further than stock. To make a long story short, I determined that it couldn't be the exhaust by test driving the car with the tips removed.

The next week, I took the car into the dealer where the service advisor told me it was a known issue and that a software update would fix it. They did the work, and hand me the car back the next day. When the car pulled up I noticed minor spots all over it and some dirt/grease on the two-tone white napa leather. I didn't make a big deal out of it, even though the car was 100% spotless when I took it in. I just wanted the problem fixed. I drove off, and when I turned the system on, it immediately started acting up again.

At that point, I became pretty upset. Not only did they not fix the problem, but they dirtied up the car and moved every possible driver adjustment (memory seats don't control the steering wheel position). I had the car for only a month and things were not going smoothly already. I took the car back and they put me in a stripped out A4 that needed to be washed badly.

From that point, the dealer has spent the past two weeks ordering new modules and getting the wrong one over and over again. From what I can count, it has happened at least 4 or 5 times thus far.

So after several requests over the past couple of weeks, the service manager finally calls me back today. He tells me that they still have one bad module on hand and has yet another one on order. He also mentions that the bumper may also be causing an interference, so he has also ordered a new bumper for the car.

At this point I'm fuming. I've barely had possession of the car for a month, and now they're telling me that they're giving me the equivalent of a wrecked car? The paint and alignment of the bumper will never be as good as it was from the factory. I can't believe that my car's going to be gone for another week, at least. If I wanted to drive a stripped A4, I would have bought that and put the other $25K in the bank.

If the car comes back in acceptable condition, I'm going to ask that they take at least $1000 off what little is left on the loan. I'm also preparing to get into a lemon law return situation if I have to.

This is not okay right now...
Old 02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sucks dude... I'd be pissed too. Glad I don't have those sensors is all I'm thinking right now.

Besides my water pump, my only issue is that the memory seats stopped working... but I'll let them fix it at the 15k check up since I'm pretty much the only person driving it right now.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear about your issues, it's too bad because I love those sensors, in fact (and may oddly), it's one of my favorite features on the car. Hope you can get it resolved and you'll see the value in them; good luck!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zillmc
Sorry to hear about your issues, it's too bad because I love those sensors, in fact (and may oddly), it's one of my favorite features on the car. Hope you can get it resolved and you'll see the value in them; good luck!
Well for the month that I had the car, I was really impressed with how well they worked. They're totally worth the money.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Time to get in touch with AOA and get **it straightened out...
Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

memory seats- did you check your fuses?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dr bryan
Time to get in touch with AOA and get **it straightened out...
I already filed a report with them last Thursday. That's who I'm really gong to go after to get some compensation for the trouble. I just have to try to be patient and let the whole incident play out so I can really decide what's fair.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

i feel your pain man....picked up my car 2/5/11....in the shop 2/12/11...needs a new tranny and i won't see pickup until at least 2/28/11....f*ckin pissed....and one of the first thoughts that came into my head when they told me how long they would have it was "they better not get my seats dirty from all these service dudes sitting on 'em"....hah....
Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nyA4
i feel your pain man....picked up my car 2/5/11....in the shop 2/12/11...needs a new tranny and i won't see pickup until at least 2/28/11....f*ckin pissed....and one of the first thoughts that came into my head when they told me how long they would have it was "they better not get my seats dirty from all these service dudes sitting on 'em"....hah....
Sorry to hear about your situation. In a way, it's comforting to know that someone else knows what it's like. If you have any trouble with the dealer, call the Audi Customer Advocate line. Their number is: (800) 822-2834
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Umm you do realize that lemon laws are not only as a result of too many times in for service, but too long as well.

You have had the car one week and the tranny is shot? Don't even muck about get a new car. Since lemon lawyers are paid for by the dealer, I would contact one and see if they will take the case. If they will let the dealer know they can give you a new car now, or a new one later.

The difference is they will be several grand short because they had to pay for your lawyer.

Quick Reply: Horrible Experience with My New S4 - Blind Spot Indicator