S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How do you change your signature?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha. On a side note, consider getting a front license plate holder (if yours doesn't have one already installed) as tickets in Denver for not having that suck! $75 :-o

Are you sure you're going to be able to see that white car in this "blizzard"? ;-) Don't lose it!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car arrived today at 3pm. Unfortunately, it was not in the carrier properly and it the front air-dam rubbed against the rear gate of the trailer, filing away at a portion of it.

You can see where it rubbed on the rear gate.

I am more annoyed than anything. I've got a call into the owner of the shipping company, and have absolutely no concerns he'll make good on everything.

At least it drives nicely. I loaded up the car with the kids and took them to the gas station. It took me several minutes to get the gas tank open. My son had all kind of ideas how to open it, including hitting the valet button... he keeps asking to hit buttons... very funny/annoying.

First commute tomorrow.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That stinks. Seems repairable though. Annoying for sure! Sorry to hear that the carrier screwed it up. Enjoy the new car though! Commuting will no longer be the same...in a good way
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hyprspeed
That stinks. Seems repairable though. Annoying for sure! Sorry to hear that the carrier screwed it up. Enjoy the new car though! Commuting will no longer be the same...in a good way
The owner has been good to work with and is taking care of me. I need a good, Audi-authorized shop in the Boulder area if anyone knows one.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are there any good places in Boulder that do tint? Blindly, I'd pick 3M as the product, but I've never had my windows tinted before. I am think about 35%. Is that too dark given the self-dimming mirrors in the car? Hyprspeed, what do you have on yours? Where'd you get your windows done?

Commute has been very nice to me these past 2 days. The ride is great. I love the seats. My son (age 10), in his quest to hit every possible button on the car has already showed me the adjustable lumbar joystick. Given the various threads over the years about how effective the heated seats are, I can tell you they work really well for me.

Dipstick and super-charged badges will be here Sat.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check out the tint I had done as an example (FYI - the small crinkle in the driver side tint was repaired and it's perfect now!)

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
Are there any good places in Boulder that do tint? Blindly, I'd pick 3M as the product, but I've never had my windows tinted before. I am think about 35%. Is that too dark given the self-dimming mirrors in the car? Hyprspeed, what do you have on yours? Where'd you get your windows done?

Commute has been very nice to me these past 2 days. The ride is great. I love the seats. My son (age 10), in his quest to hit every possible button on the car has already showed me the adjustable lumbar joystick. Given the various threads over the years about how effective the heated seats are, I can tell you they work really well for me.

Dipstick and super-charged badges will be here Sat.
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check out the tint I had done as an example (FYI - the small crinkle in the driver side tint was repaired and it's perfect now!)
Wrong picture, here's the actual tint
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wrong picture, here's the actual tint
What brand tint is that?

Thanks,
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got to drive home in this last night... traffics sucked, and a lot of cars were sliding all over the place... not me.

When I got closer to home and there was no traffic, I pitched the car around a little. Traction control kicked in, which was an interesting feeling. I am pretty sure it used just one brake to correct a particular turn.
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Boy... talk about testing your car in every season... within a span of a few weeks.

I showed you a picture of the first spring storm... that was followed by weather in the 60s.

Monday we woke to another storm. I took me 3x the time to get to work. Snow had accumulated on all roads, including the highways. It snowed until about noon. On the drive home you might not have even known it snowed that day.

The car has been a blast to drive. Even with HP all-seasons, the handling has consistently "inspired confidence". As an added bonus, I am getting 3-5 mpg better performance when compared to my '99 A4. That includes a few spirited maneuvers along the way.

No mountain rides yet, but that will be coming soon.

Oh.... 70s by Sunday.

Quick Reply: How do you change your signature?