S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How do you change your signature?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Windows tinted... 35%. Both of these were taken at about 3pm, one with the sun at my back, and one with it at the front. Note, the sunroof shade was open, so there's some illumination coming from inside the car.

----
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2013, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Some glamour shots...

----
Attached Images   
Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Three questions...

For those of you with tint, do you have a lot of diffraction on your rear window, presumably from the rear defroster? Does it go away as the tint cures?

Anybody have a link to a decent license plate frame (rear and front)? I've seen some of the Audi Sport frames, but am looking for something less sporty (I think the S4 says enough.). I'd prefer something that goes with Ibis/Titanium... probably black. Anything with a Star Wars reference that isn't cheap?

If a mod is reading this, can you please change the title of this thread (to the title I have in the first post): "How do you change your signature? (No longer looking, Now Owning)" ? I tried, but the change does not show up in the forum.

Thanks,
Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte

If a mod is reading this, can you please change the title of this thread (to the title I have in the first post): "How do you change your signature? (No longer looking, Now Owning)" ? I tried, but the change does not show up in the forum.
Are we really that lightly moderated?
Old 05-08-2013, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

For those of you with tint, do you have a lot of diffraction on your rear window, presumably from the rear defroster? Does it go away as the tint cures?

Also, I think this is normal, but is only the driver's side vented by the front fog lights? Why?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 284 Likes on 216 Posts

Yes it's caused by air bubbles between the defroster wires and the tint. The closer they can get the tint into the edges of the wires the better it will be. Time has no impact on the problem.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
Yes it's caused by air bubbles between the defroster wires and the tint. The closer they can get the tint into the edges of the wires the better it will be. Time has no impact on the problem.
Thanks. I take it it's a installer-skill thing. The diffraction is not too bad, though the edges have some inconsistency. I'll think about it as the installer left his hat in my trunk... so I have leverage. ;-)
Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

FWIW, here is a recent shot of the damage to the air dam. As you can see, there are stress cracks in the paint. These were likely caused by repeated bumping/flexing of that part of the air splitter during shipping.

Two separate Audi-certified body shops told me it's likely those will come back on a repaint, and recommend a full bumper replacement.

I am still working details with the shipper... which seems to be dragging out quite a bit.

---------
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 284 Likes on 216 Posts

Thanks. I take it it's a installer-skill thing. The diffraction is not too bad, though the edges have some inconsistency. I'll think about it as the installer left his hat in my trunk... so I have leverage. ;-)
It's partly installer skill and the material that they used. Some tint films are thinner and more flexible thus more conformal to surface texture.