S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How do you reset the NAVI system??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you reset the NAVI system??

For some reason, all the sudden my real time traffic update isn't working. Whenever I click on info it always says NO TRAFFIC REPORTS, but it's never like that because there's always something going on. I tried turning the power off and turning back on after 20 mins but still same result. Anyone have any ideas on how to 'reload' or turn on the Navi system from fresh start?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Press down the Setup, Joystick, and Upper right MMI button simultanesouly and let go to restart your Nav.

Another possibility...are you subscribed to Sirius Traffic updates? I'm thinking that your free 3 month trial ran out.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

oh maybe..because I got it in Nov 26th, but I never suscribed to it in the first place. It just came with the traffic updates on it.

Thanks for the input though
Old 03-14-2010, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Tried doing the restarting method, but it didn't help it. The thing about the Sirius Subscription, is that when I clicked on radio, then to satellite, it would give me the number to call to subscribe to it, but that display was there while the real time traffic was still working. So I was assuming I didn't subscribe to it and the traffic update was still working.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The free trial automatically starts when you buy the car. This definitely seems like your free trial has run out. Why they stopped working at different times...I'm not sure. You'll have to subscribe to Sirius now in order to get access to your sat radio and/or traffic updates.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your free subscription has run out. If it seemed too soon after you got the car then the dealer may not have started it when you got the car.

I renewed the Sirius subscription but the traffic update was separate and I couldn't figure out how to renew it online so I just let that one go.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sandy S
I renewed the Sirius subscription but the traffic update was separate and I couldn't figure out how to renew it online so I just let that one go.
Sure, you live in New Hampshire...

I'm looking forward to real time traffic information for my commute. I might keep my Sirius subscription just for that. Is the traffic service an extra charge over the standard Sirius subscription?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilH
Sure, you live in New Hampshire...

I'm looking forward to real time traffic information for my commute. I might keep my Sirius subscription just for that. Is the traffic service an extra charge over the standard Sirius subscription?
$2.99 a month, but you cannot have just traffic, they make you have at least a minimum content cubscription then you have to add traffic.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
$2.99 a month, but you cannot have just traffic, they make you have at least a minimum content cubscription then you have to add traffic.
Sirius shows it for $3.99/mo with radio subscription.
http://www.sirius.com/traffic

Is there a price break with the Audi purchase, i.e. $2.99/mo?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tallers
Sirius shows it for $3.99/mo with radio subscription.
http://www.sirius.com/traffic

Is there a price break with the Audi purchase, i.e. $2.99/mo?
You can talk them down to 2.99, they are desperate for business, and most plans are negotiable, especially if you sign on for more than a year.

Quick Reply: How do you reset the NAVI system??