S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How to follow a custom order???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to follow a custom order???

Does anyone know how to follow a custom ordered vehicle through the Audi build and delivery process?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

you can't without access, the information isn't publicly available

get the order info from your dealer to begin with then keep bugging them every few weeks, or if you can get the order number you can sometimes find people here that will look it up for you

once you get an estimated ship date, you can match that up with vw logistics and their boat schedule to figure out where it is on the water
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a link to an order tracking thread on Audizine:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Order-Tracking

However, as has been pointed out, it's a guessing game without details from your SA. Here's some additional info about the order process that may be helpful:

http://www.theaudiguy.com/the-audi-g...car-order.html
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 606 Likes on 436 Posts

If you live in Canada your SA should register you for www.myauditracker.ca which will let you track the build and transport of your car.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
If you live in Canada your SA should register you for www.myauditracker.ca which will let you track the build and transport of your car.
would love to have my sales guy sign me up, how does he do it?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
would love to have my sales guy sign me up, how does he do it?
I don't know but you may want to ask your SA about it. A lot of them don't seem to know about it. My SA mentioned it to my when I finalized the deal on my car. I received an email the next day from Audi Canada saying that she had registered me for the website and I could follow my car's progress from there.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I don't know but you may want to ask your SA about it. A lot of them don't seem to know about it. My SA mentioned it to my when I finalized the deal on my car. I received an email the next day from Audi Canada saying that she had registered me for the website and I could follow my car's progress from there.
Lucky you mentioned it yesterday to my guy and he said that from what he has heard it's not fully operational yet (reading between the lines: no clue). He then mentioned that they still don't have allocation yet. Ordered mid November. Hmmm. So that could be the reason no order to track yet! Are you finding it functional? If so, will pass it on saying that it is and hopefully when they do order the car, he can sign me up!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
Lucky you mentioned it yesterday to my guy and he said that from what he has heard it's not fully operational yet (reading between the lines: no clue). He then mentioned that they still don't have allocation yet. Ordered mid November. Hmmm. So that could be the reason no order to track yet! Are you finding it functional? If so, will pass it on saying that it is and hopefully when they do order the car, he can sign me up!
It's been operational since the summer. It doesn't matter if they have their allocation yet or not. When my SA registered me for the site they didn't have their allocation yet and the website just showed that my order had been submitted and was awaiting approval. It took about a month but then the site updated and said that my order had been accepted by the factory and was being placed in the manufacturing queue.

Yeah, the website works and it's pretty cool. I put up some screenshots in the thread about tracking the status of your order.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My SA in the US said there was no way for me to track my order - but that he would be happy to check on it for me whenever I wanted. My ETA at the dealer is the week of 2/18. Tic Toc, Tic Toc
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dave335i
My SA in the US said there was no way for me to track my order - but that he would be happy to check on it for me whenever I wanted. My ETA at the dealer is the week of 2/18. Tic Toc, Tic Toc
The tracking website is a Canada only thing for now but Audi Corporate said they're looking to expand to other countries it since it has been so successful.