S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How to get the best Audi 2014 S4 lease?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get the best Audi 2014 S4 lease?

Hey, I'm in southern NJ, so there are a lot of dealers in driving distance that offer the S4. I'm looking to do a custom order so it's just bonus business for them.

I like the S4 more than the BMW 335i xDrive, but for Audi they don't like moving on sticker price except to maybe grant you the ACNA, the residual values are horrid (around 50%) and the money factors and other issues are all handled in a poor way to people who like leases.

However, with BMW dealers, they are willing to deal, quickly give you $500 + invoice, you get $1000 more off that for test driving the car at their UD Event, low .00127 money factor and of course they have an awesome 62% residual value!

So, even if I like the S4 more, it seems silly to spend thousands of dollars more towards a lease just because Audi isn't lease friendly.

Is there anyway around this problem?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The reason I need a lease is that I don't want the car for more than 4-5 years, and there is nothing more aggravating then spending $60,000 on a car and then the only people who will look to buy your car low ball you like crazy or are just trying to waste your time.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are multiple factors involved. BMW artificially sets the residuals by subsidizing the leases to lower the lease payments . Audi does not. BMW wants to sell as many cars as possible. Audi doesn't care as long as they are making a profit. Although VW-AG has its sights on being the largest car manufacturer in the world. Some Audi dealers will discount their cars and other do not. The trick is finding the discounters. Most Audi dealers who participate in the Amex-Zag program will discount ($500-$1k over invoice) even if you are not in the program. I believe YBH in SW Phila area is a participant. In most cases, you return your car at lease end. In my case(and others as well) the cars are actually worth SIGNIFICANTLY more than the residual at lease end. My car had $5k in equity and I got another $1k in Audi loyalty to put towards an new Audi. I could have just as well have taken the $5k and put it in my pocket. So I will be trading my car in rather hen returning it at lease end and getting nothing. Also could get the $5k trade in on an non Audi as well. That probably doesn't happen too often with a BMW lease. There is also $1k Audi loyalty available to current Audi owners or $1k Bounty to current owners of other luxury brand cars. all cars leased before the end of august will have the first month lease payment waived as well. a When I leased my 2010 s4, I purposely ordered a car with fewer bells and whistles to keep the MSRP down and lease payment as well. My lightly equipped S4 , IMHO, is a much better car than a more well equipped 335xi. If all else fails, shoot me an email or PM and I can put you in touch with some people at Audi of Warrington PA. My Service Mgr. friend tells me they are selling new Audis at close to invoice just to get allocation.

Last edited by DrGP; 07-01-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
There are multiple factors involved. BMW artificially sets the residuals by subsidizing the leases to lower the lease payments . Audi does not. BMW wants to sell as many cars as possible. Audi doesn't care as long as they are making a profit. Although VW-AG has its sights on being the largest car manufacturer in the world. Some Audi dealers will discount their cars and other do not. The trick is finding the discounters. Most Audi dealers who participate in the Amex-Zag program will discount ($500-$1k over invoice) even if you are not in the program. I believe YBH in SW Phila area is a participant. In most cases, you return your car at lease end. In my case(and others as well) the cars are actually worth SIGNIFICANTLY more than the residual at lease end. My car had $5k in equity and I got another $1k in Audi loyalty to put towards an new Audi. I could have just as well have taken the $5k and put it in my pocket. So I will be trading my car in rather hen returning it at lease end and getting nothing. Also could get the $5k trade in on an non Audi as well. That probably doesn't happen too often with a BMW lease. There is also $1k Audi loyalty available to current Audi owners or $1k Bounty to current owners of other luxury brand cars. all cars leased before the end of august will have the first month lease payment waived as well. a When I leased my 2010 s4, I purposely ordered a car with fewer bells and whistles to keep the MSRP down and lease payment as well. My lightly equipped S4 , IMHO, is a much better car than a more well equipped 335xi. If all else fails, shoot me an email or PM and I can put you in touch with some people at Audi of Warrington PA. My Service Mgr. friend tells me they are selling new Audis at close to invoice just to get allocation.
I'll have 6 months in ACNA for the 6% discount, but while that's good, it's not amazing, I don't know what I kind of discount I can get over that. Don't own any luxury cars.

Overall, I get the feeling that the story is: "Yeah, Audi has crappy leases, so you should finance, but who knows if someone will buy your car at market value when you want to sell/trade it"
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know any other dealers in the Southern NJ area that are friendly, transparent and eager to discount to get a new order?

Maybe the 335i will be so disappointing I'll agree to get ripped off a little for an Audi lease...if that is the case I'd like to know who to talk to
Old 07-02-2013, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Draxinum
Does anyone know any other dealers in the Southern NJ area that are friendly, transparent and eager to discount to get a new order?
I'm looking to do a custom order so it's just bonus business for them.
Drax, welcome aboard! I'm not certain the selling dealer would simply classify the order as "found business". The dealers are given a fixed number of build slots...it isn't like they could order 100 of these cars with people such as yourself strolling thru front door and plunking their money down. There's a finite number of cars available and the dealerships are generally going to stand their ground on pricing for this model. Not to say discoutns aren't available, it may not be as much as you hope for.

Have you used any of the search engines to scan around the USA to see if you could find your dream car in stock? That could give you more leverage in terms of striking a "deal".

There is an Audi sales rep here on this forum who is located in Central NJ, not sure which dealership.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned

I can't tell you what dealers in S Jersey will deal. But if you can't find one, I would again suggest YBH Audi. It can't be that far away from you. BTW, you can take your car to any Audi dealership for service. BUT, some will not give you a loaner car if you did not buy from them. Hopefully, someone can point you in the right direction
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks I'll look into those dealers if I decide to buy an S4

Another part of my question is, I guess I was wondering if I was missing something in regards to buying/leasing an Audi

When you plug in the residuals, money factor, incentives, etc you can sign a 36-month lease on an S4 for $750 a month (including ACNA discount) but only $500 a month for a BMW 335i. (Both include tax and have no down payment, but fees are paid upfront)

A 50% increase in lease payments? An extra $250 a month? It just seems like I must be missing something for such a difference
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Banned

A new 2014 S4 can cost anywhere from $48K stripped to over $62K loaded. A well equipped Prem + will have a MSRP around $55k. You should be able to buy it for no more than $1K over invoice .Not sure what you are looking for in the way of options. You seem to be really hung up on the difference between the lease payments of a BMW(335ix I assume if you are comparing apples to apples)and S4. Are you comparing comparably equipped cars? I doubt you can match the lease payments on a bmw with a comparably equipped S4. But sometimes you get what you pay for and other times not. You need to drive both cars. If you cannot justify the extra cost of the S4, get the BMW. I've leased both. Ordered a second B8 S4 to lease. IMHO, the difference between the cars is worth the extra money. When I was leasing my 335i, I loved it. It is a really good car. If you never have an s4, you probably will be very happy with it. The s4 is a significantly better car. its your money. Spend it as you see fit.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I'm in southern NJ, so there are a lot of dealers in driving distance that offer the S4. I'm looking to do a custom order so it's just bonus business for them.

I like the S4 more than the BMW 335i xDrive, but for Audi they don't like moving on sticker price except to maybe grant you the ACNA, the residual values are horrid (around 50%) and the money factors and other issues are all handled in a poor way to people who like leases.

However, with BMW dealers, they are willing to deal, quickly give you $500 + invoice, you get $1000 more off that for test driving the car at their UD Event, low .00127 money factor and of course they have an awesome 62% residual value!

So, even if I like the S4 more, it seems silly to spend thousands of dollars more towards a lease just because Audi isn't lease friendly.

Is there anyway around this problem?
What hasn't been brought up here is the fact you are trying to aquire a new car that has only been on sale for a week or two. No new model year vehicle gets big discounts when so new. Once a month or two passes, supply and demand catch up and bigger bargains appear. It's worse when the model is redesigned or facelifted, but also applies to carry-over models. The turn of a model year always causes a shift from big discounts to the outgoing year, to slim discounts on the new (model) year.

If you must have a fresh 2014, email all dealer's internet departments within your radius. Say which car and options you are interested in and what you are willing to pay. Whoever gets the closest should get your business.

Quick Reply: How to get the best Audi 2014 S4 lease?