S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How to get the best Audi 2014 S4 lease?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by SFV A4
The turn of a model year always causes a shift from big discounts to the outgoing year, to slim discounts on the new (model) year.
That worked out for me. Even though I custom ordered, they still gave me an additional $1600 off as an outgoing model just as I purchased it.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Draxinum
Hey, I'm in southern NJ, so there are a lot of dealers in driving distance that offer the S4. I'm looking to do a custom order so it's just bonus business for them.

I like the S4 more than the BMW 335i xDrive, but for Audi they don't like moving on sticker price except to maybe grant you the ACNA, the residual values are horrid (around 50%) and the money factors and other issues are all handled in a poor way to people who like leases.

However, with BMW dealers, they are willing to deal, quickly give you $500 + invoice, you get $1000 more off that for test driving the car at their UD Event, low .00127 money factor and of course they have an awesome 62% residual value!

So, even if I like the S4 more, it seems silly to spend thousands of dollars more towards a lease just because Audi isn't lease friendly.

Is there anyway around this problem?
as said by others, BMW likes selling cars. Audi likes making money. I've played this game a few times and to be honest, for what Audi will do for you on an S4 lease, you could probably shake similar monthly payments out of BMW for a 535 with the M Sport package. I also don't like shelling out $8k to Audi for what is essentially an A4 with some shiny silver plastic bits and $2500 motor upcharge under the hood. Others on this board will feel differently

that being said, if you still want to look into the S4, either myself or my family have bought 4 different Audis from Paul Miller Audi, and in specific one agent there by the name of Pam Zabitz who has always been a suprisingly no-bs person to deal with. I'd recommend you give her a call.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sundowner
as said by others, BMW likes selling cars. Audi likes making money. I've played this game a few times and to be honest, for what Audi will do for you on an S4 lease, you could probably shake similar monthly payments out of BMW for a 535 with the M Sport package. I also don't like shelling out $8k to Audi for what is essentially an A4 with some shiny silver plastic bits and $2500 motor upcharge under the hood. Others on this board will feel differently

that being said, if you still want to look into the S4, either myself or my family have bought 4 different Audis from Paul Miller Audi, and in specific one agent there by the name of Pam Zabitz who has always been a suprisingly no-bs person to deal with. I'd recommend you give her a call.
Not doubting you at all. I guess I'm just a chauvinist. I never like dealing with a female car salesperson.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
What hasn't been brought up here is the fact you are trying to aquire a new car that has only been on sale for a week or two. No new model year vehicle gets big discounts when so new. Once a month or two passes, supply and demand catch up and bigger bargains appear. It's worse when the model is redesigned or facelifted, but also applies to carry-over models. The turn of a model year always causes a shift from big discounts to the outgoing year, to slim discounts on the new (model) year.

If you must have a fresh 2014, email all dealer's internet departments within your radius. Say which car and options you are interested in and what you are willing to pay. Whoever gets the closest should get your business.
The numbers still aren't that available for how BMW/Audi were handling all the details of its July 2014 leases, so I was using the June 2013 numbers.

You compare an S4 with the 6% ACNA discount, which is still over invoice and as discussed, they are quite stubborn, then you throw in details such as the 52% residual value they give...compare that to BMW which sells at invoice (before $2500 in incentives) and has a 62% residual (both cars have 7% tax and assume paying fees upfront)

Give an Audi S4 a prestige package and some options and get a $59,000 sticker, and you end up with:

$850 a month for 36 months

Give a BMW 335i M Sport Appearance package up to $59,000 sticker and you end up with:

$586 a month for 36 month

I'm just saying, the same sticker price and the BMW is nearly $300 a month cheaper during your lease, that's crazy. We're not talking about 5% or 6% more expensive (which would be a case of just deciding if its worth a little more), we're talking 50% more expensive.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Draxinum
The numbers still aren't that available for how BMW/Audi were handling all the details of its July 2014 leases, so I was using the June 2013 numbers.

You compare an S4 with the 6% ACNA discount, which is still over invoice and as discussed, they are quite stubborn, then you throw in details such as the 52% residual value they give...compare that to BMW which sells at invoice (before $2500 in incentives) and has a 62% residual (both cars have 7% tax and assume paying fees upfront)

Give an Audi S4 a prestige package and some options and get a $59,000 sticker, and you end up with:

$850 a month for 36 months

Give a BMW 335i M Sport Appearance package up to $59,000 sticker and you end up with:

$586 a month for 36 month

I'm just saying, the same sticker price and the BMW is nearly $300 a month cheaper during your lease, that's crazy. We're not talking about 5% or 6% more expensive (which would be a case of just deciding if its worth a little more), we're talking 50% more expensive.
Well...that's why you end up with $0.00 equity after 36 month on your BMW lease whereas you will have about $6-8k worth in equity after 36 month which is really nice to get into another equally valued car even with a lower payment as before or you can step it up and still have the same payment.

If you're looking into turning in your car after the lease you will lose a lot of equity but to most of us that are loyal to the Audi brand it totally makes sense!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
Well...that's why you end up with $0.00 equity after 36 month on your BMW lease whereas you will have about $6-8k worth in equity after 36 month which is really nice to get into another equally valued car even with a lower payment as before or you can step it up and still have the same payment.

If you're looking into turning in your car after the lease you will lose a lot of equity but to most of us that are loyal to the Audi brand it totally makes sense!
That's just guessing, the argument you are making is essentially that Audi has value you trust and you should just buy it, not lease it.

Which is a good argument, but not just not against my concern about how unfortunate it is that Audi seems to be an awful company to enter a lease with

If it was firm that you will actually end up with $8000 in equity at the end of your lease, I could get Audi to put that in the lease agreement.

But they'd laugh me out of the showroom "3 years from now who knows what Audi will develop, where car technology will be (see the new telsa S doing 0-60 in 3.9 seconds), where the economy will be, or even where gas prices are...your car has a significant chance of being worth far far less than what you are guessing"

Of course, I'd have to agree with the dealer on that point.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, I aso had equity in my 04 S4 that I had leased. Bought it, resold it and put $3k in my pocket, but it was a hassle. Audi wouldn't let the BMW dealer from which leased I a 335i buy it at the residual price. But I'm told that has changed. But really, If you are looking to lease, you really shouldn't expect to have equity at lease end. If you do, its probably because you have paid more than you should have during the lease term. But, for some,having equity is an advantage.

Last edited by DrGP; 07-05-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Im thinking about getting another S4 and this is an interesting thread because I currently lease a 528xi. I understand the "equity" consideration when coming to lease end in the BMW vs. Audi; however, even with 6K in equity at the end of the lease, you have pumped about 200-300 more bucks per month into the lease. Lets take 250/mo extra times 36 months = 9000 bucks. Forgive me if I am not impressed that I will have 6K in equity in the end.

Dollar for dollar, it seems that BMW is a much better lease option if you consider the cars comparable. Im not really happy about that because I would rather have an Audi. Im starting to think if I want an S4, I should just find a year old CPO'd car and pay cash.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Karrera4
Im thinking about getting another S4 and this is an interesting thread because I currently lease a 528xi. I understand the "equity" consideration when coming to lease end in the BMW vs. Audi; however, even with 6K in equity at the end of the lease, you have pumped about 200-300 more bucks per month into the lease. Lets take 250/mo extra times 36 months = 9000 bucks. Forgive me if I am not impressed that I will have 6K in equity in the end.

Dollar for dollar, it seems that BMW is a much better lease option if you consider the cars comparable. Im not really happy about that because I would rather have an Audi. Im starting to think if I want an S4, I should just find a year old CPO'd car and pay cash.
You are right, you will most likely find better lease deal on new BMW's but if you really want a S4 you are willing to spend more money...in return you will get something awesome, that's the joy of driving this fabulous car and I'm sure most here will agree...there is nothing to compare it to!

I've got mine for a good month now and there is not a single day this engine doesn't put a big smile on my face when hitting the pedal to the ground! :-)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default S4 Lease Deals

You can get deal on an Audi S4 if you have the time to find the right dealer and work the hard.

I just took home a 2014 S4 loaded - $59,759 MSRP - For $690/month out the door (tax included) for 39 months for $5000 down and 12,000 miles per year. They also took my 2010 G37S back 3 months before lease end with it 2,500 miles over the allowance off my hands. If you work them long enough and they know you are a serious buyer, they do not want to lose your business to another dealer. You still may pay a little more for the Audi than the BMW but there is no comparison in style or performance... I just like getting a different car every three to four years and leasing is the best option. I own my other car...

Quick Reply: How to get the best Audi 2014 S4 lease?