S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

how long does it take to get from port to dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long does it take to get from port to dealership?

So on the third attempt my car finally got on a boat and arrived in Davisville on the 13th...my dealership is 300 miles from the port....how long does it take to clear customs and get to the dealership when its that close?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tunes
So on the third attempt my car finally got on a boat and arrived in Davisville on the 13th...my dealership is 300 miles from the port....how long does it take to clear customs and get to the dealership when its that close?
You sure it was the 13th? The Pegasus Highway docked in Davisville from Emden on the morning of the 16th. That's the boat mine's on, and wouldn't expect there would be two boats carrying Audis docked at the same time.

Either way, we are still looking at about 7-10 days until delivery from all estimates. US Customs is really the X factor; it can take 2-4 days up to 7-9 days, from what I've read. After that its a quick 1-2 day trip on a carrier to your dealer. Where abouts are you?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv
You sure it was the 13th? The Pegasus Highway docked in Davisville from Emden on the morning of the 16th. That's the boat mine's on, and wouldn't expect there would be two boats carrying Audis docked at the same time.

Either way, we are still looking at about 7-10 days until delivery from all estimates. US Customs is really the X factor; it can take 2-4 days up to 7-9 days, from what I've read. After that its a quick 1-2 day trip on a carrier to your dealer. Where abouts are you?
yep, mine was on the sunshine ace...it was supposed to dock the 11th but something delayed it and it didn't dock until the 13th.....i'm in dover, de but the dealership is in wilmington, de...you?
Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

yep, mine was on the sunshine ace...it was supposed to dock the 11th but something delayed it and it didn't dock until the 13th.....i'm in dover, de but the dealership is in wilmington, de...you?
Looking at MarineTraffic.com, it seems the boats spend a lot less time in port than I would have thought. The Pegasus Highway docked yesterday morning and had already headed out by last night/this morning. So it seems that like you said they may be making dropoffs that frequently.

Anyway, I am in southern NH (Derry), a bit closer to Davisville than you. But you got a head start on me on the earlier ship. I bet we get our cars about the same day.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Looking at MarineTraffic.com, it seems the boats spend a lot less time in port than I would have thought. The Pegasus Highway docked yesterday morning and had already headed out by last night/this morning. So it seems that like you said they may be making dropoffs that frequently.

Anyway, I am in southern NH (Derry), a bit closer to Davisville than you. But you got a head start on me on the earlier ship. I bet we get our cars about the same day.
i can only hope...i was supposed to get my car april 29, but screw up after screw up by them led to this...at least its stateside....or so they tell me..they haven't confirmed anything about it being in the US yet, dunno how often they get updates though.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Tunes, my car arrived at Davisville about 8 weeks ago and 10 days passed before it was released to the shipper to make the final 30 miles of its journey. The port seems to be quite busy.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Tunes, my car arrived at Davisville about 8 weeks ago and 10 days passed before it was released to the shipper to make the final 30 miles of its journey. The port seems to be quite busy.
that was not the news i wanted to hear! thanks though, i'll set my sights on that.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

that was not the news i wanted to hear! thanks though, i'll set my sights on that.

Well, I'd like to think that your dealership contacts are tuned into to this far better than us. They are likely to know how long the delay is at the present time. They have to know, you may just have to beat it out of them or find someone at the dealership who cares and is willing to share the info with you.