S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How long was your 'start production' date to 'delivered to buyer date'?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AgisA
Mine arrived at port Saturday was at dealer early Monday; but dealer was only 100 miles from port.
My dealer is 2400 miles from port. going to be a little longer than 2 days. My SA said its a fairly consistent 10-12 days from this port to their lot.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rktskicar
get a schedule update from his SA.

Bruce
salesman is on vacation till early August. Tried that. He's going to ask the business manager.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by petrashevsky
I am reading this off the order status update that I have received today:

Release for production: 07/08/2011
Port arrived: 08/15/2011
Rail unload: 08/30/2011
Dealer delivered: 09/12/2011

So looks like about two months from date built to date delivered.

Same shipping route as your friend. I also live in the GTA. Also a MY2012 6MT.
oh cool.

or uncool...he'll need it before Sept!

What details can you share about your order? What dealer?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
oh cool.

or uncool...he'll need it before Sept!

What details can you share about your order? What dealer?
I went through the an auto broker/Audi Canada with my order. My current lease ends on 10/02 and I told them that I was not in a rush to get my car before then as long as it arrives on time. I don't think they would make any adjustments to their standard shipping procedures for that though.
Another date on the order status was "Release to Carrier (Port) 8/22/2011".
So it looks like they take a week to unload, forward to rail, load on rail in Halifax. and then another week to get it from Halifax to Toronto. Then almost another two weeks to forward the car to the dealer/customer.

Maybe these last two weeks from arrival to Toronto until handover to a dealer can be cut, if anything?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by petrashevsky
I went through the an auto broker/Audi Canada with my order. My current lease ends on 10/02 and I told them that I was not in a rush to get my car before then as long as it arrives on time. I don't think they would make any adjustments to their standard shipping procedures for that though.
Another date on the order status was "Release to Carrier (Port) 8/22/2011".
So it looks like they take a week to unload, forward to rail, load on rail in Halifax. and then another week to get it from Halifax to Toronto. Then almost another two weeks to forward the car to the dealer/customer.

Maybe these last two weeks from arrival to Toronto until handover to a dealer can be cut, if anything?
not sure. My friend bought this car, but his other car is a lease return that goes back Aug 31. Hopefully it's on time.

You can often extend a lease by one or two months (at your normal monthly payment amount) if you have the need. Keep that in mind in case you get a big delay or something.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My SA told me last week the car should be at the port 7/20-7/21. I've read some have waited 3 days to 2 weeks until pick up depending on port location.

At what ports do they deliver? Should mine be in Houston or the east coast?

I'm in New Orleans.

Last edited by IanVR6; 07-21-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, just got called by my dealer and the car just got there.

Ordered on 4/25 and arrived at the dealer on 7/22.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered my car 7/2
I got a build week of Aug 22nd (my birthday. ironic)
And just received an e-mail that car will hit the port Sept 23rd.

port is probably 20miles from dealer. so shouldn't be a long delay.

So a month from production to port seems about right. Mind you, about 10 days ago the dealer said my projected delivery date was in mid November, but the date would be bumped up after orders were pulled into production from the cue. He was accurate.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
This is correct. My SA emailed me a list with each stage the car goes through and the corresponding dates.
How do we get our SA to do that? Is there any other source to go through like AOA or something?

My SA gave me my commission number, but says that he won't have any more updates until like 4-6 weeks before delivery. I'd love to get some of the info that you guys get from your SAs, but I don't want to keep bugging mine.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NC-Hawkeye
How do we get our SA to do that? Is there any other source to go through like AOA or something?

My SA gave me my commission number, but says that he won't have any more updates until like 4-6 weeks before delivery. I'd love to get some of the info that you guys get from your SAs, but I don't want to keep bugging mine.
Sometimes you can go through another SA and get info i think. On the other side there was a SA who was looking up Commission numbers and giving members status updates, until he got busted. I ordered my car from this SA for that exact reason and get updates as my status of the car updates. I think it really depends on the SA your dealing with. I wish AoA had a system like bmw with tracking cars. Those guys have fun tracking there cars, and the ships.

Quick Reply: How long was your 'start production' date to 'delivered to buyer date'?