S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How long was your 'start production' date to 'delivered to buyer date'?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC-Hawkeye
How do we get our SA to do that? Is there any other source to go through like AOA or something?

My SA gave me my commission number, but says that he won't have any more updates until like 4-6 weeks before delivery. I'd love to get some of the info that you guys get from your SAs, but I don't want to keep bugging mine.
The SA have access to the AIM system which is Audi inventory management. They can look up all the dates associated with a commission #. Either your SA is new and doesn't know the ropes yet(unlikely) or is just a little lazy. Push him a little or ask the sales manager.

As a side note, I was having a conversation with my SA about all of this the other day and she just started laughing. She commented its only us S4 guys who get this obsessed with all of the info regarding our build dates. She spoke with someone at Audi distribution and she said the same thing. From dealers all over America she gets calls/emails requesting ship names etc. We had a good laugh. Their conclusion was the we either have waaaay too much time on our hands or are completely obsessed with the S4! I said it's probably a little of both

They also can provide you with a ship date or name which you can then go track on liveships.com. My car is sitting off the coast of Georgia right now and due in port at Houston on the 29th.

I haven't even noticed the wait until now. Now, it is beginning to drag on and on...I was up the other night reading all the forums until 2am plotting mods, learning about break-in etc. Sleep is getting more difficult. I find it all pretty amusing because it is just a car, yet I have never been so excited for a car in my whole life!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Salesfolks get paid by the job (new sales), while the business manager gets paid by the hour. Call the business manager and they should be able to hook you up.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

just for some closure

car ordered early-mid June
car went into production July 19th
car arrived August 27th
car driven home by my friend on August 29th

2012 Black (the free black) 6MT Prestige with CF trim, no ADS, no SD, no B&O.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

almost identical timing here. mine was ordered, manufactured at the same time as your friend's and became available for pickup September 1. not gonna pick it up for a few weeks as my other car is paid for through the end of the month so I am trying to be real patient here and it is very difficult but the eventual delivery will feel thst much sweeter (thats what I'm telling myself).
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

The whole process whould be 89 days 6 hours 32 minutes and 54 seconds.

If it varies at all then you were screwed. There are no variables with an ordered car coming accross the ocean - timing should be exact and you should be able to exactly compare with others timing becasue there are no variables...lol
Old 09-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by giovanni0330
timing should be exact and you should be able to exactly compare with others timing becasue there are no variables...lol
whatever!
Just thought knowing that in our case two cars were ordered in Toronto within days of each other and were delivered one day apart is useful information to people thinking of ordering now and wondering how long it would take to get the car.
I know I searched for similar info prior to ordering.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine was ordered July 29 (basically end of the month) going into August.
ETA is Oct. 17, but I hope it's earlier than that.

Originally Posted by sakimano
just for some closure

car ordered early-mid June
car went into production July 19th
car arrived August 27th
car driven home by my friend on August 29th

2012 Black (the free black) 6MT Prestige with CF trim, no ADS, no SD, no B&O.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by petrashevsky
whatever!
Just thought knowing that in our case two cars were ordered in Toronto within days of each other and were delivered one day apart is useful information to people thinking of ordering now and wondering how long it would take to get the car.
I know I searched for similar info prior to ordering.
Good to hear you got your delivery too.

He's pretty much through any possible clutch or engine break in period...and the heat of summer is pretty much gone...so I'll be piloting this pig down the dragstrip in a few weeks.

We haven't done any pulls yet because he's worried his shifting will cost him lol.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2012 Premium+ Order Status

Ordered my S4 Premium Plus, Phantom Black, S-Tronic, Black Nappa Leather, Carbon Inlays, Sports Rear Differential, Navigation, B&O System, 5-Spoke 19" Rims, Advanced Key, Park Assist on August 30th. It's been nine days and my SA has still not received an allocation number. According to my SA, supply is tight and we're looking at a Dec'11 delivery. Does this seem accurate?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jMacB8S4
Ordered my S4 Premium Plus, Phantom Black, S-Tronic, Black Nappa Leather, Carbon Inlays, Sports Rear Differential, Navigation, B&O System, 5-Spoke 19" Rims, Advanced Key, Park Assist on August 30th. It's been nine days and my SA has still not received an allocation number. According to my SA, supply is tight and we're looking at a Dec'11 delivery. Does this seem accurate?
That's probably accurate. If it takes more than 2-3 weeks to get an allocation, you can push them to get an allocation from another dealership or threaten to walk.

Quick Reply: How long was your 'start production' date to 'delivered to buyer date'?