S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

how many Ticket have you gotten in your S4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many Ticket have you gotten in your S4?

How Many?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

2 within 8 months................
Old 01-08-2011, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just drive sensibly. Speed in the areas you know and tread lightly in foreign territory. Just use common sense.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

0-Just drive sensibly. Speed in the areas you know and tread lightly in foreign territory. Just use common sense.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

0. However I was pulled over in NJ doing 102 and managed to sweet talk my way out of the ticket.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One. But it was written as a "failure to obey a traffic control device" and thus cost less and had no points. But there seems to be some info going around on the Internet that can prevent you from getting the points. Not sure if it actually works, but am going to try it IF(HA HA!) and when I get another ticket WITH POINTS. So when you get the ticket, you plead guilty and send in a check for $2-3 dollars MORE than the ticket plus costs. The state, sends you back a refund for the overpayment. You throw the check away or just never cash it. According to the info, Points are not entered into the state systems until the money transaction is complete. Therefore, the points are never entered into the system. You have little to lose by trying this. Since worse case scenario is, you keep the refund check and cash it only if you actually receive the points. This was supposedly revealed by someone in the insurance industry familiar with the point system.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
One. But it was written as a "failure to obey a traffic control device" and thus cost less and had no points. But there seems to be some info going around on the Internet that can prevent you from getting the points. Not sure if it actually works, but am going to try it IF(HA HA!) and when I get another ticket WITH POINTS. So when you get the ticket, you plead guilty and send in a check for $2-3 dollars MORE than the ticket plus costs. The state, sends you back a refund for the overpayment. You throw the check away or just never cash it. According to the info, Points are not entered into the state systems until the money transaction is complete. Therefore, the points are never entered into the system. You have little to lose by trying this. Since worse case scenario is, you keep the refund check and cash it only if you actually receive the points. This was supposedly revealed by someone in the insurance industry familiar with the point system.
I kinda beleive it. When I cashed my check from the NJ gov. 9 months after filing my taxes they decided to remind me about the money I owed them and sent a letter (I didn't pay because they didn't write me a letter so I figured it was ok). So it sounds like this could actually work.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Daytime LED headlights give easy target for radar/laser gun :P
Old 01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by skiracerblah
Daytime LED headlights give easy target for radar/laser gun :P
The LED DRLs are wrong wavelength to be picked up by LADAR (904 nm). They usually aim the Laser (LADAR) gun at the headlights or license plate or center of front of car for a strong reflection.

Bruce

Quick Reply: how many Ticket have you gotten in your S4?