S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How much above invoice did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much above invoice did you pay?

When I went to my local Audi dealer, as soon as the sales rep found out I was interested in a S4, he flatly said that they don't mark up from invoice, but rather discount down from MSRP. Didn't really want to deal with me. I plan on going down to the dealer a preapproved loan from Chase and ask him to give me the car for the price I want at that spot. Play hardball, basically, give it to me at that price, or I am walking out. There are about 5 more Audi dealers around 20 miles from me, so finding another dealer is not a problem. So I was wondering how much you guys paid for your S4 above invoice/below retail, and if the dealers were willing to deal... And is S5 harder to come by than S4? Because I haven't test drove a S5 yet and I am considering the S5 also...I might get a S5 if I like it better than S4 after a test drive...
Old 04-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You have the advantage by having so many Audi dealers close by. I'd go to each dealer until one of them accept your offer.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
When I went to my local Audi dealer, as soon as the sales rep found out I was interested in a S4, he flatly said that they don't mark up from invoice, but rather discount down from MSRP. Didn't really want to deal with me. I plan on going down to the dealer a preapproved loan from Chase and ask him to give me the car for the price I want at that spot. Play hardball, basically, give it to me at that price, or I am walking out. There are about 5 more Audi dealers around 20 miles from me, so finding another dealer is not a problem. So I was wondering how much you guys paid for your S4 above invoice/below retail, and if the dealers were willing to deal... And is S5 harder to come by than S4? Because I haven't test drove a S5 yet and I am considering the S5 also...I might get a S5 if I like it better than S4 after a test drive...
I see you're in Queens. I live in Long Island and just bought my S4 last week. I used the Amex/Zag program pricing and paid $300 over invoice. No dealers on Long Island/Queens/Brooklyn/NYC will honor Zag pricing. If you want to pay $300 over invoice you'll either be going to Palisades Audi in Westchester, or Bell Audi in Edison, NJ. I went to Bell and had a great experience. Good luck!

Also, if you work your way into Long Island, I'd recommend Audi of Huntington. They won't do $300 over invoice, but their staff was great. On the flip side, I would avoid the newly opened "Atlantic Audi" on Sunrise Highway, as their sales staff literally had a temper tantrum in front of me when I wouldn't take their S4's for anything less than MSRP.

Last edited by aj25; 04-17-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What's the Amex/Zag program? If I can get close to invoice I'd pick up a S4 in heartbeat!

Originally Posted by aj25
I see you're in Queens. I live in Long Island and just bought my S4 last week. I used the Amex/Zag program pricing and paid $300 over invoice. No dealers on Long Island/Queens/Brooklyn/NYC will honor Zag pricing. If you want to pay $300 over invoice you'll either be going to Palisades Audi in Westchester, or Bell Audi in Edison, NJ. I went to Bell and had a great experience. Good luck!

Also, if you work your way into Long Island, I'd recommend Audi of Huntington. They won't do $300 over invoice, but their staff was great. On the flip side, I would avoid the newly opened "Atlantic Audi" on Sunrise Highway, as their sales staff literally had a temper tantrum in front of me when I wouldn't take their S4's for anything less than MSRP.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
What's the Amex/Zag program? If I can get close to invoice I'd pick up a S4 in heartbeat!
http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
Old 04-17-2010, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks! May be I'll get an Amex card!

Originally Posted by aj25
Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Everyone keeps talking about the American Express deal, but what about the other companies on the www.zag.com site? I priced out a car on both American Express and overstock.com and they were identical. There is also a CapitalOne and Drive your dream option. I'm assuming they are all the same?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 271 Likes on 199 Posts

I tried the COSTCO autobuyer program and they had no dealers in the SF bay area that would give any deal on the 2010 S4. I went to Capitol One (similar to AMEX) and there was not much discount off the MSRP, unless I found a dealer over 220 miles away (using different Zip code). The results are geographical, depend on local demand and availablity. The results depend on the specific Zip code you enter and the specfic vehicle choice.

Last edited by m444; 04-18-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm curious: what exactly is 'MSRP' and 'Invoice'? Is there any way one can buy *below* invoice? Btw, what is invoice for the S4?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tranquility
I'm curious: what exactly is 'MSRP' and 'Invoice'? Is there any way one can buy *below* invoice? Btw, what is invoice for the S4?
Check www.edmunds.com for invoice prices.

Quick Reply: How much above invoice did you pay?