S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How much can u expect to get off MSRP???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much can u expect to get off MSRP???

I am planing to buy a 2010 Audi S4 and to get the exact options i want i am planing to order the car.
Premium Plus with DSG
Meteor Grey
Black and Red Nappa Leather
Carbon Fiber inlays
B&O sound
Rear Air bags
Sports Differential
19 inch wheels
The MSRP is 52,125 what should i expect to pay for an ordered car.
How much is everyone gettin off MSRP if anyone is in the NYC tri state area and payin close to invoice let me know which dealer.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s420merc
I am planing to buy a 2010 Audi S4 and to get the exact options i want i am planing to order the car.
Premium Plus with DSG
Meteor Grey
Carbon Fiber inlays
B&O sound
Rear Air bags
Sports Differential
19 inch wheels
How much is everyone gettin off MSRP if anyone is in the NYC tri state area and payin close to invoice let me know which dealer.
I purchased mine for $500 over the invoice, I believe that was a great deal. Mine is a plain Premium Plus, has everything I ever wanted though -- engine, tranny, AWD

I believe anything in the range $500-1500 over the invoice is OK since these cars are fairly exclusive in the NA (2250/year in the USA and 750 in Canada).

Also, visit the ZAG.com, and see what price you can get there. I used it as the bargaining tool...
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Premium Plus with DSG
Meteor Grey
Carbon Fiber inlays
B&O sound
Rear Air bags
Sports Differential
19 inch wheels
I ordered Prestige S-Tronic, Drive Select, Nappa Leather, Driver Assist, and Carbon Fiber trim. I didn't even ASK for any kind of discount, but my sales guy (the internet sales manager) said I'd get it for $2k off MSRP. He did that for me because he already offered that price to me on basically the same car that they had on the lot, except that it was Ibis white (with black/white interior) and I didn't want white. That made it about $1200 over invoice.

Honestly, I was 100% prepared (and willing) to pay MSRP because I didn't expect to get any kind of a discount on a high-demand, special-ordered car. That said, I'm glad I got a little off the top.

Last edited by Chris; 11-25-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 11-25-2009, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got 6% off MSRP. Which is about $500 over invoice.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Lots of discussion around this at different forums and it seems that it really depends upon your region of the US.

Personally, anything over $500-$1000 over invoice is too much for *any* car, but I think you'll find this to be a subjective number depending on who you ask. ;-)
Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgrundke
Lots of discussion around this at different forums and it seems that it really depends upon your region of the US.

Personally, anything over $500-$1000 over invoice is too much for *any* car, but I think you'll find this to be a subjective number depending on who you ask. ;-)
I must disagree. It is a simple principle of Economics -- supply/demand...
I am sure that your logic may apply to the Toyotas, but to the limited supply S4 -- not always, depending on the market. I would be surprised if you could get them at that price in SOuth CA for example...
Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AvantB8
I must disagree. It is a simple principle of Economics -- supply/demand...
I am sure that your logic may apply to the Toyotas, but to the limited supply S4 -- not always, depending on the market. I would be surprised if you could get them at that price in SOuth CA for example...
Well, as I said above: "Lots of discussion around this at different forums and it seems that it really depends upon your region of the US." This topic comes up every few weeks and I think that the response is the same: depends on your region and depends on your patience. When it comes to buying a car I'm lucky that I've never been in a position where I *had* to buy, so I have had the luxury of time on my side.

If you wait a few months for the initial rush of demand to die down you'll be able to get a significantly better deal than at the front end.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default $1000 over invoice... USAA buying service.

Premium Plus with DSG
Meteor Grey
Carbon Fiber inlays
B&O sound
Rear Air bags
Sports Differential
19 inch wheels
If you are a USAA member, check out their buying service. They had a negotiated price of $1000 over invoice (at least in my DC Metro area) and 3 dealers agreed to that price. Before that, area dealers wanted close to full MSRP. I was happy to order a car to my spec at that price and skip the sales floor games.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tgrundke

If you wait a few months for the initial rush of demand to die down you'll be able to get a significantly better deal than at the front end.
I agree. This is true of practically everything though. When I got my Playstation 3, I had been looking forward to the Blu-Ray player and a couple of the games for quite a while so when it came out, I snapped it up within a week of its release. Of course, I paid a fair amount more than someone would pay now!

Then again, my PS3 is backwards compatible (plays PS1 and PS2 games), and the current ones don't. So, sometimes being "first" *IS* good.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If you're a Costco member, you can use their Auto Buying Program. I've purchased several cars through Costco. You contact the Costco Auto Program either by phone or website, and they give you the Dealer contact info for the city of your choice. The Costco price is usually always a dollar amount above invoice, and it varies widely by region. In San Diego CA, the Audi Dealer would have sold me an S4 at Costco pricing for $1400 over invoice, (but he didn't have any in stock). So I found an Audi Dealer in Pasadena CA, who was selling S4's through Costco for $300 over invoice. Needless to say, I drove 2 hours and bought a 2010 S4 two weeks ago from Rusnak Audi in Pasadena, CA. Going through Costco makes the entire experience easy (and even enjoyable) since they show you the invoice and there's no negotiation, (except for accessories or additional warranties). In fact, Dealers tend to treat Costco sale customers a bit nicer because they know Costco always follows-up to get customer feedback. I really love the S4, (see below). Good luck with your purchase.

- Prestige package
- Drive Select
- Silk Nappa Leather Seats
- Driver assist
- Carbon atlas interior inlays
- Brilliant black exterior
- Black interior

MSRP $60,575
Invoice $$57,328
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: How much can u expect to get off MSRP???