S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How much discount can I expect on a new 2013 S4 order?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much discount can I expect on a new 2013 S4 order?

Been negotiating on a 2013 S4 order with MSRP in the $55,000 range. Dealer is willing to go down $2000 but not more. Is this reasonable? anyone getting more/less on an order?
Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by coolblue
Been negotiating on a 2013 S4 order with MSRP in the $55,000 range. Dealer is willing to go down $2000 but not more. Is this reasonable? anyone getting more/less on an order?
Thanks!
Price what options you want using Truecar. Then do everything with the dealer through emails as you will feel less pressure and be at home in your element to think things through.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with Truecar. Usually $500-$1000 above invoice is reasonable. Some have gotten less and some more depending on market/region.

Definitely email several local dealers.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Osicom
Agree with Truecar. Usually $500-$1000 above invoice is reasonable. Some have gotten less and some more depending on market/region.

Definitely email several local dealers.
+1
Old 12-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subiesleeper
Price what options you want using Truecar. Then do everything with the dealer through emails as you will feel less pressure and be at home in your element to think things through.
Seems to me Audi dealers don't quote price over email, at least that was the case for me in nor-cal area. I had to walk into dealership to get a price. As usual, i drove one home on the first visit of the first dealership.. Those sales are really trained to nail down the deal on the spot.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Including dealer doc fee, I just paid about $750 over invoice (invoice included co-op advertising charge of .5%). This car was on the lot, so a special order might be a little more.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coolblue
Thanks!
As already posted, a price between $500 and $1000 above dealer invoice is reasonable depending on what you want, when you want it and whether the dealer has an allotment or not. Having the car on the lot also figures in . Some dealers will deal more than others and there are still some out there that think they can sell for MSRP. I suggest you contact 3-4 of the closest Audi dealerships. I would make a personal telephone call to the Internet sales manager. Tell him you will be ordering a new Audi and these are you specifications. Also let him know you are in contact with other dealers. Tell him you will place the order if he give you the price you are looking for. BTW, a $500(don't give any more than that) REFUNDABLE deposit in reasonable and actually protects the buyer against the dealership from selling the ordered car for a bigger profit. Some dealers will give you a quote and others might not. Take the lowest quote and asked those that gave a higher price to beat it or match it. THEN, place the order. Make sure you get something in writing that indicates exactly what the options are and the price you will pay at delivery. Also make sure the dealer has an allotment. Otherwise you may find yourself waiting much longer for your car than you expect to.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1 re: DrGP's post.

I found a dealer that was willing to quote price, fees, and answer all of my questions via e-mail. Everything discussed was reduced to writing on the Lease Order Form. My order is held by a $500 deposit.

The part that may be hard to confirm is whether a dealer has allocation. I addressed the allocation issue specifically when my intention was to place the order in late October; but I neglected to inquire again when the order was actually placed in early November. That will cost me at least a few weeks from the original ETA. My dealer apparently did not have an allocation slot when I placed my order because my November order was not picked up by the factory order bank until last week.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrGP
I suggest you contact 3-4 of the closest Audi dealerships.
Also be sure to check some dealers in the SoCal area. If you find a great deal down here, grab a cheap flight to Los Angeles and have a gigantic smile on your face as you drive your brand new S4 home on PCH/Highway 1, with all the twists and turns and beautiful scenery......
Old 12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I paid $500 over invoice + $250 in dealer prep and doc charges. I did not see the doc charges until I had the car in hand ready to sign, so expect that invoice may include some additional charges.

I ordered my car- which took three months. At first the dealer did not accept it, but then they called me back a week later.

Quick Reply: How much discount can I expect on a new 2013 S4 order?