S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How is Stasis exhaust vs stock? Militek?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is Stasis exhaust vs stock? Militek?

I plan on getting the Stasis engine tuning at my local dealer soon. I am choosing Stasis because of the warranty issue and I just don't want to deal with any possible issue that might come up. But I do find my car way too quiet, that I speed unintentionally too easily. After checking out the all the videos and comparisions that were posted here (great job, by the way), I decided that I like Militek the best. I've always wanted to V8 sound and was planning getting a V8 car before test driving the S4. I am kind of wary though if anything happens to the car Audi might deny warranty coverage. I know it's very unlikely that exhaust upgrade would do anyhthing to the car but who knows. So I thought I might get the Stasis exhaust while I get the engine tune. So is Stasis exhaust loud enough and distinctive enough without sounding like a souped up Civic to let me know what the car is doing? Couldn't really tell that much difference on the videos. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muray
I plan on getting the Stasis engine tuning at my local dealer soon. I am choosing Stasis because of the warranty issue and I just don't want to deal with any possible issue that might come up. But I do find my car way too quiet, that I speed unintentionally too easily. After checking out the all the videos and comparisions that were posted here (great job, by the way), I decided that I like Militek the best. I've always wanted to V8 sound and was planning getting a V8 car before test driving the S4. I am kind of wary though if anything happens to the car Audi might deny warranty coverage. I know it's very unlikely that exhaust upgrade would do anyhthing to the car but who knows. So I thought I might get the Stasis exhaust while I get the engine tune. So is Stasis exhaust loud enough and distinctive enough without sounding like a souped up Civic to let me know what the car is doing? Couldn't really tell that much difference on the videos. Thanks.
Someone on AZ had a terrible customer service experience with Stasis after he got the exhaust and they were unable to eliminate the drone. It is also one of the quieter exhausts for the B8.

Also, no dealer in their right mind will deny you warranty coverage for an aftermarket catback exhaust, and even then it could only be for something the exhaust directly affects. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY it can harm your car.

Go with the Milltek. You'll be fine.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Someone on AZ had a terrible customer service experience with Stasis after he got the exhaust and they were unable to eliminate the drone. It is also one of the quieter exhausts for the B8.

Also, no dealer in their right mind will deny you warranty coverage for an aftermarket catback exhaust, and even then it could only be for something the exhaust directly affects. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY it can harm your car.

Go with the Milltek. You'll be fine.

This. I have the Milltek non-res and am very happy with it. Glad I went with it over the Stasis.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out the PacNW exhaust shootout thread I made, you can hear and see them all (with decibel readings) back to back recorded in HD video with the same camera - won't be the same as being there, but done on the same place and time so pretty apples to apples overall.

IMO Stasis was the worst, sounded good at idle, but once you get on it, it was actually quieter than stock, brought no life to the car.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2011_S4
This. I have the Milltek non-res and am very happy with it. Glad I went with it over the Stasis.
Isn't non-res too loud for street use? Or to glide by the law enforcement?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Muray
Isn't non-res too loud for street use? Or to glide by the law enforcement?

Key is to get it with the downpipes. I would not purchase without. The exhaust is mean when you really get on it, however it is very livable when you're just cruising around. I've driven by many cops and not had so much as a second look from them. Then again, I'm not driving WOT by these cops either. Because of the subtle styling of the car, when I've really got on it I've noticed people looking around, trying to figure out where the sound is coming from. It really does fly under the radar. Most people don't expect that kind of sound to be coming from the car, they are looking for more obvious sport cars. The only people who have commented on it have been other enthusiasts. Hope this helps. The res version is also very nice but definitely a more subdued sound.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have S-tronic. Any difference in sound with the Militeks for S-tronic vs manual?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You want resonated, DSG is prone to drone, and the Milltek, due to it's deep resonation is even more prone to this even on 6MT, I think if you did DSG and non-res it would kill you.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
You want resonated, DSG is prone to drone, and the Milltek, due to it's deep resonation is even more prone to this even on 6MT, I think if you did DSG and non-res it would kill you.
Primetime has a DSG with a Milltek non-res I believe.

Bruce
Old 03-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
Primetime has a DSG with a Milltek non-res I believe.

Bruce

As do I and I don't notice the drone to be too much. Not at all. Personal preference as to what drone is I guess.

Quick Reply: How is Stasis exhaust vs stock? Militek?