S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How is Stasis exhaust vs stock? Militek?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an added disclaimer - before I bought the S4 I had a 2007 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7 i-force V8. I had an Airaid CAI and Magnaflow dual rear outlet catback exhaust. VERY loud truck. My perception may be somewhat skewed, lol.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Check out the PacNW exhaust shootout thread I made, you can hear and see them all (with decibel readings) back to back recorded in HD video with the same camera - won't be the same as being there, but done on the same place and time so pretty apples to apples overall.

IMO Stasis was the worst, sounded good at idle, but once you get on it, it was actually quieter than stock, brought no life to the car.
Can you post a link to your video?
Thanks!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
You want resonated, DSG is prone to drone, and the Milltek, due to it's deep resonation is even more prone to this even on 6MT, I think if you did DSG and non-res it would kill you.
I have the Milltek Non-res (with DSG), and I love it! It completely changes the driving experience. Can't imagine going back to stock.

Yes, there is some drone when cruising in high gears, but it's definitely tolerable. In fact, most of the time I can't hear the drone when my music is on.

You may also want to check out the AWE set-up, as that sounds pretty nice as well.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by clochner
I have the Milltek Non-res (with DSG), and I love it! It completely changes the driving experience. Can't imagine going back to stock.

Yes, there is some drone when cruising in high gears, but it's definitely tolerable. In fact, most of the time I can't hear the drone when my music is on.

You may also want to check out the AWE set-up, as that sounds pretty nice as well.

Glad to hear someone else loves it as much as I do!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2011_S4
As do I and I don't notice the drone to be too much. Not at all. Personal preference as to what drone is I guess.
To me, the Milltek non-res has a resonance at about 2500 RPM under load. As I go up some steep hills to/from work, it has been bugging me. It seems fine on the flat though. I swapped out my Milltek non-res rears for resonated rears recently. I am still breaking in the res rears. I have both the non-res rears and the res rears right now.

Bruce

resonated rears
Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bruce - Huge difference? probably in the lower rpms, how big of a difference when you get on it? I know you're still breaking them in but what are your initial impressions?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2011_S4
Bruce - Huge difference? probably in the lower rpms, how big of a difference when you get on it? I know you're still breaking them in but what are your initial impressions?
Huge difference. It does not drone at all, but now it is almost too quiet IMO. Louder than stock, I think. Sounds better when you get on it, but not nearly as loud as a non-res at WOT. When it is broken in, me and NWS4Guy will run the same exhaust tests that he ran on the other one's so you can hear the difference.

It is weird for me, as it is pretty stealthy now. It used to be when I took off quickly at a light, everybody was looking at me as the non-res was pretty loud.

Bruce
Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting. Thanks for the info, looking forward to those exhaust tests!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by m444
There should be No drone on the Milltek full resonated + downpipes exhaust on the B8 S4.
Yes this is true. I have both Milltek DP's and res/non-res rears.

Bruce
Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ryem3
Can you post a link to your video?
Thanks!
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...aust-Fest-2010

Quick Reply: How is Stasis exhaust vs stock? Militek?