S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

I am officially an S4 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am officially an S4 owner

I finally join the ranks of actual S4 owners. 2011 Ice Silver Prestige DSG with titanium package, red/black nappa, aluminum trim, and ADS. Picked up today from Bell Audi in Edison, NJ. 3.4% APR at $500 over invoice financed for 48 months. I think I've got an excellent deal. I got the car through Zag and on the way back I already got a rock chip on the front bumper, ha ha. That's NJ roads for you. Anyway, I plan on enjoying this car to the fullest, not baby it, so I don't mind it much. I'll just get a silver magic marker from Staples and do Zaino over it. Too bad the underneath the paint the bumper is black. The chip shows off too easily against silver.

I love the car but there are a couple of things I don't like. The brakes are not as good in feel as my previous 2008 C350 Mercedes. May be because the Mercedes is about 500 lbs lighter? Brakes in the Benz was stronger and had much more feedback. And the exhaust. It is absolutely horrible. I didn't think I'd mind it but it sounds like a souped up Honda Civic, and not even a good one at that. And the farting upon shifting...oh the humanity! I never thought I'd change the exhaust but I think I am going to do the chip and the exhaust too. Probably on the 5000 mile service. Sorry Audi, but the C350 has the S4 beat in brake feel (I don't know about performance) and the exhaust sound. Everything else, the S4 is superior. Actually, the interior has some cheesy bits. The silver plastic trim? My goodness, is that from JC Whitney catalog?

I didn't have a chance to try the launch control yet (brake and gas together, and then let go, right?). I am doing a hard brake-in. Honestly, the car's not as quick as I thought, or it is deceptively fast. A few times I looked at the speedo thinking I was going 30 mph and I was going 60! This car has almost supernatural ability to mask speed. I drive local roads most of the time so it is going to be extremely hard to keep the speed down. Seriously, never been in a car that feels so slow going so fast. Unless I upgrade the exhaust I am defintely getting a speeding ticket, my goodness.

Overall, very happy with the car. It makes me feel invincible on the road. Almost as good as sex with two hotties at the same time. Almost.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

congrats! need some pics. the brakes may need some time to break-in. the OEM exhaust sound is pathetic, but will sound a little better when broken in.

Bruce
Old 03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I am about at break in right now - about 1000 miles - and I have noticed the exhaust sounds a bit more vocal at WOT than it did when new.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

God I hope the farting goes away. My gf tells me I fart enough by myself already.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes get an exhaust, and it's deceptively fast, you will find yourself passing everyone and look down to see you are doing 20+ over and it feels like you are crawling.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yes get an exhaust, and it's deceptively fast, you will find yourself passing everyone and look down to see you are doing 20+ over and it feels like you are crawling.
This was the first thing I noticed. I had to set up my speed warning at 85 because I was going way too fast without even realizing. If I hit 55 in my corolla, I would know.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How long did the process take you from Order to Delivery? Seems like Bell Audi is popular among NY and NJ Owners. I wouldve ordered one from Bell also if my SA wasnt such an *******.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Grats btw!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL.

Personally I love that sound
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member